starting strength gym
Page 3069 of 3070 FirstFirst ... 206925692969301930593067306830693070 LastLast
Results 30,681 to 30,690 of 30691

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    This is why this year's RNC has the atmosphere of a jovial, retarded party...
    Is this different from the RNC any other year?

I give you the real VP candidate; a man who is a true patriot, tough as nails and a real American:
    https://youtu.be/gBjl2ZKZyC8?t=23

For all his faults, there were much much worse picks for VP than Vance.
    I believe Mr. Hogan would have been a better choice, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    This is why this year's RNC has the atmosphere of a jovial, retarded party, not a crisis meeting to literally save the lives of American people. We've been told that "they" want both Trump and his voters dead, and we've apparently just witnessed the most concrete evidence of this, and this is the response. The message was confused because these people, Trump included, stand for absolutely nothing.
    During early primaries, Team DeSantis (the actual rightwingers, not neocons) argued that Trumpism is just a sideshow of unseriousness. It “feels good” to wack on elites and cheer MAGA - another thing to have competence at the executive who can *actually play 4D chess (e.g. shipping illegals from FL to Martha’s Vineyard) To them, the choice was DeSantis.

I couldn’t believe that Hulk Hogan was at Convention, ripping off shirt in celebration of failed assassination. I’m still in shock, actually - since *the fundamental trend has not changed*. The threat level is more imminent today than it was on Saturday (Trump supporters see someone invincible, but I the story as regime getting closer).

Not suggesting we take to the streets in protest or violence, but WTF man - get serious on the legal/investigative end. I’m giving them a week to prove their seriousness post-Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpall603 View Post
    During early primaries, Team DeSantis (the actual rightwingers, not neocons) argued that Trumpism is just a sideshow of unseriousness. It “feels good” to wack on elites and cheer MAGA - another thing to have competence at the executive who can *actually play 4D chess (e.g. shipping illegals from FL to Martha’s Vineyard) To them, the choice was DeSantis.

I couldn’t believe that Hulk Hogan was at Convention, ripping off shirt in celebration of failed assassination. I’m still in shock, actually - since *the fundamental trend has not changed*. The threat level is more imminent today than it was on Saturday (Trump supporters see someone invincible, but I the story as regime getting closer).

Not suggesting we take to the streets in protest or violence, but WTF man - get serious on the legal/investigative end. I’m giving them a week to prove their seriousness post-Convention.
    If they were serious they would have continued to do it.

It was a great tactical and strategic move that came out of nowhere, it was a fresh beachhead in the culture war and they just stopped. Imagine the first person to get a white boomer to do what they want by calling them racist just going "huh, that was like magic, well better no do it ever again"

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    If they were serious they would have continued to do it.

It was a great tactical and strategic move that came out of nowhere, it was a fresh beachhead in the culture war and they just stopped. Imagine the first person to get a white boomer to do what they want by calling them racist just going "huh, that was like magic, well better no do it ever again"
    I think we all can agree that Northern/coastal elite culture (which flows into urban upper middle class) is the source of American rot. But there is a side of southern politics, maybe you can articulate the layers better than me (I'm not talking about everyone) that's just silly and cringe, stupid and unserious. Like the Kid Rock songs and kitschy patriotism etc: they channel away all of the healthy/productive energies that should go towards investigations, reforms, prosecutions into a cringe 3-ring circus. Which appears to be what's happened with this shooting. The time for games is over: 1000% of energies should go into investigations and finding the truth.

Trump rally in Michigan the other day; and this would be considered a blue city. I've yet to see FJB in anything other than a high school cafeteria rally with 50 people, probably 48 of them staff or press.

81 million votes? Yeah right.

https://youtu.be/-ibX-pp_BBk?si=g-wPO1bYzpTY0xlr

I still think the nicked ear was faker than Obama's birth certificate.

As for the Joe Biden thing. Who gives a fuck? Trump is clearly going to win. The "this is getting too crazy, let's pump the breaks" faction is clearly winning right now. You see this with John Deere and Tractor Trailor supply publicly stating that they are dismantling their DEI departments. Javier Milei of Argentina is also an example of this faction's success. But it is still a fundamentally Jewish faction, and it still enthusiastically propagates the most insidious lies of the Clown World catechism.

As for The Miracle of The Holy Ear, I fully understand that it was a morale boosting moment. I think this is at the root of why some people get their panties into such a bunch whenever you question it. They intuitively see the questioner as an agent of demoralization. I can hardly blame them. It would be a fair assumption, and a decent heuristic. But heuristics do not work every time. They are useful because they work most of the time.

Trump is clearly a practical man. And as the saying goes, "When in Clown World, do as the Clowns", so he might just be playing the game. Like I've said for a long time, "they" are very theatrical people. But so is Trump. And the ear drama has professional wrestling written all over it. Trump is an entertainer who has lived in that world. This would not be nearly as difficult as some of you pretend. It's simple stage magic, and very few in the Secret Service would even have had to known about it.

I'm not saying such a hypothetical psyop would necessarily be a bad thing. Are such tricks not justified, and even bragged about in war? Considering that this is indeed a real war (to anyone willing to recognize it), it should hardly seem unthinkable to anyone. I have little doubt there have been some real, less overt, assasination attempts behind the scenes, which would make justifying such stage theater a lot easier.

But regardless of what you believe about the veracity of the official narrative for this event, shouldn't we try to learn something from Trump's COVID betrayal? This is where the blind spots become most dangerous.

Whether Trump is sincere, or just another Judas goat, might not even matter. If they've figured out how to manipulate him into coming into agreement with Clown World whenever it matters the most, like they did with the vaxx, his intent is mostly irrelevant. Trump's leadership towards the end of his term literally led many of his most naive followers to their deaths. No one should forget that.

It is abundantly clear that Trump is not a hero. Trump is a tool, and by that I mean "tool" in the literal sense. Trump is useful, and he can effectively be used to attack the enemy. But Trump is a chaotic force, and there are risks in wielding such a weapon. The enemy has shown that it can also use him to their advantage, even if that poses a different set of risks to them than it does to us.

But all things considered, I think the risks of Trump are worth it. Just don't forget that there is going to be a Round 2 (to pick up where COVID left off) and it is very likely going to be much more difficult to discern who the good guys are than it was in Round 1. Stay skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpall603 View Post
    I think we all can agree that Northern/coastal elite culture (which flows into urban upper middle class) is the source of American rot. But there is a side of southern politics, maybe you can articulate the layers better than me (I'm not talking about everyone) that's just silly and cringe, stupid and unserious. Like the Kid Rock songs and kitschy patriotism etc: they channel away all of the healthy/productive energies that should go towards investigations, reforms, prosecutions into a cringe 3-ring circus. Which appears to be what's happened with this shooting. The time for games is over: 1000% of energies should go into investigations and finding the truth.
    I still haven't figured out where your impression of "Southern" states comes from, or even specifically what your specific issue is. Certainly, there are geographic blocs in this country that share similarities in politics and culture, but in that geography and domain there's more variance than I've witnessed in other regions.

What, particularly, are you wondering about? Also, Kid Rock moved here from Michigan.

I’m not sure the recent CrowdStrike outage is getting the attention it deserves. If not for the insanity of closing businesses because of an inability to function without computers, surely for the fragility of the ‘system’ and the average punter’s way of life.

Not being able to buy food and essentials because handling cash is a foreign concept, is clearly a high-risk approach to daily living. I have no doubt most will ignore the opportunity to reassess and adapt to the wake-up-call and “when the chips are down, these civilised people, will eat each other”, as a wise clown once said.

Apparently the Olympics is on again. I remember watching Dean Lukin in ’84, and his coach Paul Coffa’s story may interest some here. If that link doesn't work paste this one into 12ft.

"He also produced his own media in the form of ‘Wogs’ Weakly’, the Hawthorn Weightlifting Club newsletter named in honour of its many European lifters."

starting strength coach development program
    Curious to hear what Rip's thoughts of Biden dropping out of the race and endorsing Kamala are