starting strength gym
Page 3099 of 3103 FirstFirst ... 2099259929993049308930973098309931003101 ... LastLast
Results 30,981 to 30,990 of 31026

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He hired/retained the employment of several people he should have known not to. He's a bad judge of character. This is what caused the covid and vax problems, and his relationship with the military types. Seriously, Bolton? Milley? This is a bad problem to have, but we're not really in a situation where we have any other choice.
    Rip, Trump addressed this during the Shawn Ryan podcast. He gave a plausible explanation about having to choose from the tainted pool of DC swamp creatures since he did not really know many people in the DC ruling class. In my opinion his victory in 2016 caught him by surprise and he was not prepared. Thankfully he already has a head start on making better selections for another term.

As you know, putting together a winning organization is difficult even when you have the luxury of time for growing and evolving into it. Many personnel decisions seem right in the beginning but don't stand the test of time. Trump claims to have learned from his first term mistakes. I hope so!

He is our best choice. Not perfect, but superior to the alternative.

I was thinking about Michael Flynn, and all the Trump people whose lives were destroyed. And now Tulsi Gabbard and RFKj are jumping on board. Are they being courageous, or is someone/something assuring them their safety?

I don't have an opinion yet. I'm just letting it stew.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I don't think you guys appreciate how bitterly late in the game we are.
    Looks like Aurora, Colorado is finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1828919972166545595

Yep, unfortunately..

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    ...He gave a plausible explanation about having to choose from the tainted pool of DC swamp creatures since he did not really know many people in the DC ruling class.

As you know, putting together a winning organization is difficult even when you have the luxury of time for growing and evolving into it.

He is our best choice. Not perfect, but superior to the alternative.

If he's a trust fund baby, sure. If he actually did intelligent and exponentially productive work to become a billionaire then, no, his absolutely masochistic and suicidal hiring choices CANNOT be due to ignorance of who's on the federal government roster. If he was truly an outsider then he owes no loyalty to the feds or bureaucrats and could chosen untainted appointees.

You are right that he isn't perfect but wrong that he's superior to the alternative of sitting out.

Can you imagine if numbers as high as the 10% presumed to have been Tea Partiers sat out this election (esp. when we know their voting turnout proportions are among the highest)?
    Karl Denniger keep calling for a General Strike and IIRC his percentages to make this work are WAY lower than 10% (now, granted, that's only 10% of the working population, so it's a higher percentage of all eligible voters).
    Nobody goes through with that because of the Prisoner's Dilemma but the social and financial costs of not voting are....nothing!
    If Karl and Rip and Vox and all the other "Conservative" and New Media outlets had called for a voting strike rather than supporting the Least Bad Republican option, EVEN IF ONLY FOR THE PRIMARIES, what effect could that have had on the ruling class!?

I don't know if it's too late to start such a PAC but I would gladly contribute to a None of the Above group that would track how many people had committed to sitting out the election and then compare that to the falsified voter turnout numbers that would be posted the day after the race. It would be too difficult to fake the votes of even five percent of the voting population that voted None if the Above, though, right?? That's 2.4 million voters aka 5% of Texas's (510k), Alabama's (115k), Florida's (510k), Georgia's (250k), Indiana's (150k), North Carolina's (275k), and Tennessee's (153k) ballots cast in 2020.

If a General Strike is too personally harmful let's bring on a Voter's strike in 2024! Or, if we're all too pussified for a POTUS election, then we should at least None of the Above the midterm primaries and general in 2026.

We already legitimize these Evil people by going to work and paying federal taxes every day....why voluntarily help give them the illusion that our nation is not lipstick on a pig - an Economic Free Trade Zone with serfdom disguised as a Freeman's Constitutional Republic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    If he's a trust fund baby, sure. If he actually did intelligent and exponentially productive work to become a billionaire then, no, his absolutely masochistic and suicidal hiring choices CANNOT be due to ignorance of who's on the federal government roster. If he was truly an outsider then he owes no loyalty to the feds or bureaucrats and could chosen untainted appointees.

You are right that he isn't perfect but wrong that he's superior to the alternative of sitting out.

Can you imagine if numbers as high as the 10% presumed to have been Tea Partiers sat out this election (esp. when we know their voting turnout proportions are among the highest)?
    Karl Denniger keep calling for a General Strike and IIRC his percentages to make this work are WAY lower than 10% (now, granted, that's only 10% of the working population, so it's a higher percentage of all eligible voters).
    Nobody goes through with that because of the Prisoner's Dilemma but the social and financial costs of not voting are....nothing!
    If Karl and Rip and Vox and all the other "Conservative" and New Media outlets had called for a voting strike rather than supporting the Least Bad Republican option, EVEN IF ONLY FOR THE PRIMARIES, what effect could that have had on the ruling class!?

I don't know if it's too late to start such a PAC but I would gladly contribute to a None of the Above group that would track how many people had committed to sitting out the election and then compare that to the falsified voter turnout numbers that would be posted the day after the race. It would be too difficult to fake the votes of even five percent of the voting population that voted None if the Above, though, right?? That's 2.4 million voters aka 5% of Texas's (510k), Alabama's (115k), Florida's (510k), Georgia's (250k), Indiana's (150k), North Carolina's (275k), and Tennessee's (153k) ballots cast in 2020.

If a General Strike is too personally harmful let's bring on a Voter's strike in 2024! Or, if we're all too pussified for a POTUS election, then we should at least None of the Above the midterm primaries and general in 2026.

We already legitimize these Evil people by going to work and paying federal taxes every day....why voluntarily help give them the illusion that our nation is not lipstick on a pig - an Economic Free Trade Zone with serfdom disguised as a Freeman's Constitutional Republic?
    The trouble with a voter strike is that it's not a voter strike, it's a "republican voter strike"

Also low turnout and low total votes doesn't mean shit. Look at 2 teir queer starmer in the UK, 20% of the population voted for him. If I didn't listen to the Lotus Eaters podcast I wouldn't know that. A small number of votes doesn't mean shit.

Trump is not a political savior; he may be a small or temporary step in the right direction.
    Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I don’t in all honesty think you understand that the people Mr. Vance represents are not “neoconservatives and Zionists.”
    Then again, nothing happens, bro.
    Who do you believe Mr. Vance represents?

I don't claim to know his mind or intentions; His past actions and statements do not indicate an America first mindset.
    I don't know the deals that were made to put him in as VP or exactly why he was selected; it coincided with major shifts in policy from the Trump campaign.
    I know he is strongly associated with names like Les Wexner and Peter Thiel; I believe he was a compromise candidate.

https://x.com/SamParkerSenate/status...86629228105767
    Sounds a lot like an establishment neocon zionist to me.

Don't worry about silly concerns like immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Denninger has now come out with a call to action. Vote for Trump.

Drunken RFK-Cast in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

"When the facts change, what do you do Sir?" -John Maynard Keynes

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Trump is not a political savior; he may be a small or temporary step in the right direction.
    Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Who do you believe Mr. Vance represents?

I don't claim to know his mind or intentions; His past actions and statements do not indicate an America first mindset.
    I don't know the deals that were made to put him in as VP or exactly why he was selected; it coincided with major shifts in policy from the Trump campaign.
    I know he is strongly associated with names like Les Wexner and Peter Thiel; I believe he was a compromise candidate.

https://x.com/SamParkerSenate/status...86629228105767
    Sounds a lot like an establishment neocon zionist to me.

Don't worry about silly concerns like immigration.
    Yes, Vance was one of Thiel’s students and protégés. He ghostwrote Thiel’s book. He invested in his early businesses.

Vance represents what we hope to be a group of elites that are positioning themselves to displace the current elites. They have a lot of money. They care intensely about competency. They might not be “our guys,” but they do not loathe us on an existential level. If we believe the chatter, some are very much “our guys,” despite the cultural and political milieu they normally do business in. We know this because Trump didn’t go with Rubio or some other scumbag that really is compromised and beholden to entrenched interests. The only other signaling pick in this direction would have been Ramaswammy.

One of the more plausible ideas is that the selection of Vance, spurred on by Musk and Carlson following the assassination attempt, was for the purpose of putting someone absolutely opposed to the managerial class in charge of staffing for the Executive, which is part of what the VP does. Pence wasn’t going to do that; he was the “adult in the room” like Bush, Sr. was, remember?

Is Vance perfect? Far from it. But, do the friend/enemy calculus again and see how it shakes out.