starting strength gym
Page 3117 of 3117 FirstFirst ... 21172617301730673107311531163117
Results 31,161 to 31,170 of 31170

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    https://x.com/VigilantFox/status/1842316192914055561

A few of these stories relate to Fema, specifically blocking actions and arresting people that are doing a better job. And it seems like it might actually be happening.

Serious question, is this not what the 2nd amendment is for? the checkpoints aren't heavily armed are they? What's stopping someone bringing a few guys with rifles in your caravan and forcing your way through to deliver aid?

Kits, give us an update when you can. It sounds terrible. I hope you're staying safe.

We, in the West, think the US government "should" move heaven and earth, spending any amount of money and allocate whatever resources necessary to help American people in times of crisis.

Protocol has certainly been ignored in recent years to facilitate funnelling in millions of illegal voter replacements. It's America's moral duty to "help" them, after all. Special dispensations can be made quite easily it seems. I'm not sure Appalachian people have the required victim status, unfortunately.

Blind eyes can also be turned towards some of the US government's special allies who may accidentally-on purpose do the odd lil' genocide while it "defends itself". If anyone else had behaved this way (looking at you Serbia!) they might get this moral cart blanche, but we're not talking about just anyone. We're talking about a very small country with a very special place in American hearts. And politics.

It will be interesting to hear both sides of the political aisle argue for why billions more must be spent on supporting Israel attack its neighbours and kill tens of thousands of civilians as the domestic crises continue to worsen and compound on American soil. By interesting, I mean sickening.

So, Rip, next time you're gonna throw the anti-Semitic label around ("Contact Bre for your arm-band...") as you're want to do - please watch these two very short clips, in this order, and consider them in the context of what's going on at home and in the Middle East right at this moment.

1) https://youtu.be/v-vCHbhti7U?si=R_r6RlNg0vb5PXse

2) https://youtu.be/Qh8rpFTVBuM?si=ef3uruHWXZjLjBwq

If you still don't see any double-standards at play, then fair enough, hit me with that Jew-hater label.

The "Anti-Semite" label is sort of like calling a Dem voter a "communist" or a Republican voter a "fascist" or "nazi". It's one of those emotive, boundary-less terms which acts as a stand-in for a lot of things, but doesn't address any of the real life issues which are ruining our countries.

Republican voters will still be throwing around the "anti-Semite" thing at the same time they cast their ballot for the "politician" who has just openly encouraged Israel to hit Iran's nuclear sites.

Whichever way you vote, you're getting the same result. Step away from it all. Let the institutions burn.

Article on the local official threatening to arrest a helicopter pilot for rescuing people.
    Access to this page has been denied

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The civilian helicopter effort, at least in part, is professional pilots being coordinated by a member of the Florida State Guard Special Missions Unit. He responded before he was officially given orders. Additionally, professional civilian pilots who are regional are going to be the best informed pilots flying the area. I don't believe the running narrative that trained local pilots are somehow "clogging airspace" is anywhere close to reality.

The reality is that, on a good day, FEMA and the guard are slow. This has been a long run of not good days. There are people dying, and I can believe it. We had a flash flooding event (~18") with severe 80+ mph straight line winds here last year. Comms were down. Radio was spotty. 60-70% of city and county roads were impassable. All services were overwhelmed. Power was out everywhere but the hospital and dispatch. I forded a flooding road in my unit for a structure fire caused by a massive oak collapsing on a house. When I got there there were other units working the scene, so when I attempted to recross less than a minute later to go to a tree down on an occupied vehicle in the road I was almost swept off into a creek. Totalled my unit striking a low concrete barrier. As soon as I could be recovered, I pulled another unit and went back out.

I was grateful for every neighbor who came out to help that day. Chainsaws. Water. Helping to locate people for welfare checks. Helping re-home and feed people. Recovering vehicles wrecked or swept into water. I can only imagine that doubled and over such a broad range.

They need everyone on deck they can get, and they need good leadership coordinating what will be dozens to hundreds of individual areas. THIS is why you need strong states, strong communities and stronger people.

I'm going to meet with some city and county officials and read them Kitsuma's post. If I can't be there to help for this one, then maybe I can get the ball rolling to prepare for the next one.
    David, no question that many of the professional civilian helicopter pilots are doing the Lords work. Those professionals were the first to call out the You Tubers and LARPERS. Congestion in the air around airports and on the ramps- especially at the fuel truck/pumps interferes with the efficiency of the operation and the professionals want and deserve top priority.

From a pilot participating in the relief effort- "No one has been threatened except for a couple of rogue folks and many of those situations were resolved satisfactorily". The most famous of which was a "rescue" that would have been a very low priority since no life was in danger. It was a couple stranded in their home, high and dry with food and water. A waste of resources! The pilot was the one threatened with arrest if he continued his unauthorized "rescues". Bad headwork all around. The couple should have not hailed the helicopter, the pilot should not have been trolling for glory on a sightseeing flight, and the Fire Chief from Michigan should not have threatened the pilot. Total embarrassment all around.

Managing critical resources such as jet fuel is extremely important. Aircraft making deliveries from out of state require refueling so wasting fuel on YouTubers and LARPERS caused some hard feelings.

The Appalachian and Ozark regions are very similar with developments along rivers that put the population in peril. I fish the rivers in both, last June I was on the South Holston and Watauga is E TN. Later this month I will be on the White in NW Ark. The locals in these areas are generally fine and can be counted on to help deal with adversity. Transplants from other regions are painfully unaware of the danger and necessity to be prepared to be cut off for days or weeks at a time. (If they lose their internet or cell service they think it's an emergency). Faced with adversity they are helpless and don't possess the resourcefulness to find natural spring water sources or kill something to eat. Those people are burdensome.

Regarding your comment about the speed of response from NG. They are just slow at getting in front of cameras and seeking attention. If the response was slow in this case, blame the Governor for not activating them before or during the storm. The Guard is local people helping their neighbors, and they have the tools and commitment to do it.

Thank you for all you do for your community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    True. But what is better for hungry people, 10 hamburgers or 11 hamburgers? The National Guard guys are appreciated, of course, and nobody has said they aren't. The problem is apparently FEMA, who are apparently trying to reduce the number of Republican voters.
    Mark the helicopter payload math is more like the following-

Civilian Robinson R44, Bell Jet Ranger, or MD500 payload- 500-800 lbs
    Black Hawk-3,000 lbs internal or 9,000 lbs external
    Chinook-24,000 lbs

I don't know how much a quarter pounder weights fully dressed out but it seems to me that 24,000 lbs of hamburgers will feed more people than 800 lbs of hamburgers.

The Blackhawk and the Chinook can deliver external sling loads to an LZ much small than the light helicopters can use for landing.

If you need to feed a community the Chinook is best. If you want to capture video for your YouTube channel your personal helicopter is more cost effective. Lots of cool publicity but little real impact.

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    Mark the helicopter payload math is more like the following-

Civilian Robinson R44, Bell Jet Ranger, or MD500 payload- 500-800 lbs
    Black Hawk-3,000 lbs internal or 9,000 lbs external
    Chinook-24,000 lbs

I don't know how much a quarter pounder weights fully dressed out but it seems to me that 24,000 lbs of hamburgers will feed more people than 800 lbs of hamburgers.

The Blackhawk and the Chinook can deliver external sling loads to an LZ much small than the light helicopters can use for landing.
    You seem to have missed my point. What helicopters has FEMA been using to evac/feed these people?

https://x.com/VigilantFox/status/1842316192914055561

10 Shocking Stories the Media Buried Today

#10 -
    @glennbeck
    exposes how useless FEMA is in Asheville, NC.

First, he discovered that the FEMA crew was stationed OFF the main road, making them hard to find.

Next, FEMA admitted, "We got here yesterday," a full week late.

Then, a FEMA crew member told Beck that they have a “great” app, but nobody has internet in the area.

Beck asked how victims are supposed to find FEMA's location, and they replied, “That would be the news media’s job.” The thing is, nobody has functioning TVs.

Then FEMA urged residents to listen to the radio in their cars for updates, the same cars that were washed away from the flood.

One crew member told Beck, “We actually go door to door.” Beck then asked, “When will that start?” The crew member replied, “That’s way above my head. Do you want to talk to my crew lead?”

Finally, the crew leader comes in and admits to Beck, “We don’t necessarily go door to door.”

THIS is what failure looks like.

Earlier today,
    @ElonMusk
    said, “FEMA is not merely failing to adequately help people in trouble, but is actively blocking citizens who try to help!”

Musk posted this after a SpaceX engineer helping on the ground in North Carolina wrote to him, “The big issue is FEMA is actively blocking shipments and seizing goods and services locally and locking them away to state they are their own. It’s very real and scary how much they have taken control to stop people helping.”
    https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1842284913279586447

SpaceX engineers are trying to deliver Starlink terminals & supplies to devastated areas in North Carolina right now and
    @FEMA
    is both failing to help AND won’t let others help. This is unconscionable!!

They just took this video a few hours ago, where you can see the level of devastation: roads, houses, electricity, water supply and ground Internet connections completely destroyed.

@FEMA
    wouldn’t let them land to deliver critical supplies … my blood is boiling …

At some point the weight of all these reports indicate a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Serious question, is this not what the 2nd amendment is for? the checkpoints aren't heavily armed are they? What's stopping someone bringing a few guys with rifles in your caravan and forcing your way through to deliver aid?
    The threshold has not yet been reached.

I'm glad this guy is okay. I'm a mountain biker, and I've been a fan of his channel for a long time. I knew he was in the Ashville area.

https://youtu.be/BN-AyYMtlRc?si=8vm6mbbcHeob_uQ9

Guys, there's nothing special about me, and there's millions more like me or far better out there across this country. I'm sitting here blessed and comfortable with my wife and children. Please, if you can... help these people in some way...

OR...

Spend some of your time and energy where you are now preparing yourself to help your community one day.

There are some very strong, capable and tough people who gravitate to this board. There's a lot of us who could survive for a while. But no one is an island. We are meant for connections with others, and nothing satisfies the soul quite like loving and serving others. Survive, build and thrive!

starting strength coach development program
    And let's not forget our stance on the covid vaccines: Study of 1.7 Million Kids and Teens Who Got Pfizer COVID Vaccine Found Myopericarditis Only in Vaxed Groups • Children's Health Defense

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine provided children and teens in England with only about 14 to 15 weeks of protection against testing positive for the virus, according to a preprint study of over 1.7 million children ages 5 to 15 in the English National Healthcare System (NHS).

Researchers investigating the safety and effectiveness of Pfizer’s vaccine in fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, and unvaccinated children and teens, also found cases of myocarditis and pericarditis only in vaccinated children.