starting strength gym
Page 3119 of 3120 FirstFirst ... 211926193019306931093117311831193120 LastLast
Results 31,181 to 31,190 of 31192

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    The people are programmed to think that the only two options are to honor and defer to the Jews or kill the Jews. You are not allowed to entertain the in-between of that no man's land in which I dwell. It has been one of the primary propaganda objectives of our secularly Jewish elite to project this narrative. And if things ever do go south big time economically/socially/politically, there is going to be little to no resistance to go straight from one extreme to the other.

And this situation, like the many situations created by their beloved golems, is clearly no one's fault but their own. It is an interesting gamble. Accept the possibility of being hung up on a lamp post in exchange for great influence and access to power.

I suppose this is the same gamble most in government leadership make. They can't resist but play that game of "How much can I get away with?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here's another example of our fabulous government at work, to our detriment: DMSO is a Miraculous Therapy for Chronic Pain and Musculoskeletal Injuries
    I seem to remember reading an article in Sports Illustrated, way back in the day, where DMSO was discussed. The gist of the reference was that DMSO was an alternative therapy, but had no basis in "science" and should be looked at skeptically.

Here's another example of our fabulous government at work, to our detriment: DMSO is a Miraculous Therapy for Chronic Pain and Musculoskeletal Injuries
    Every time I think I have reached maximum disgust with the government, something proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The people are programmed to think that the only two options are to honor and defer to the Jews or kill the Jews. You are not allowed to entertain the in-between of that no man's land in which I dwell. It has been one of the primary propaganda objectives of our secularly Jewish elite to project this narrative. And if things ever do go south big time economically/socially/politically, there is going to be little to no resistance to go straight from one extreme to the other.

And this situation, like the many situations created by their beloved golems, is clearly no one's fault but their own. It is an interesting gamble. Accept the possibility of being hung up on a lamp post in exchange for great influence and access to power.

I suppose this is the same gamble most in government leadership make. They can't resist but play that game of "How much can I get away with?"
    Two quick things: polar, all-or-nothing thinking is based in emotional processing. Usually caused by trauma, but we have more than one generation right now trained to thinking that feeling is thinking. It makes people easy to manipulate, and it's why there's so much white or black thinking. A personal observation: I think it's why so many have fallen away from the Church. Following faith is tough, and as soon as it gets uncomfortable people abandon it for comfort.

Secondly,for those who haven't experienced it... working in the federal government is like stepping into another dimension. The staggering levels of bureaucracy and regulations not only slows everything to a grinding pace... it indoctrinates you. I saw people's heads nearly pop when I would propose alternative courses of action despite the fact that they were still within the rules. The rumors of the FEMA employees not working nights or weekends is, to me, the most immediately believable story out of this. It's not just that they're lazy... it's that the thought to adjust operations to the situation probably never crossed their minds.

I'll let you decide for yourself which is more concerning.

More FEMA jokes: 10 Clever Ways To Smuggle Humanitarian Supplies Past FEMA | Babylon Bee

With thousands of people still missing and countless more in desperate need of food, water, and assistance, you may be looking for ways to get help to victims of Hurricane Helene. But WAIT! First, you must sneak that aid past the ever-watchful eyes of FEMA so they don't confiscate it.

The Babylon Bee has conducted extensive research to come up with the following list of surefire ways to smuggle humanitarian aid past FEMA:

As we pile on with the criticisms of FEMA, here is an interesting interview in which the FEMA director declarers that "just because you do not see a FEMA person in a FEMA shirt, it does not mean that they are not there."

FEMA administrator Deanne Criswell: We are moving in additional resources | Fox News Video

Please forgive me for referencing Fox News, a friend of mine that actually watches Fox sent the clip to me.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Two quick things: polar, all-or-nothing thinking is based in emotional processing. Usually caused by trauma, but we have more than one generation right now trained to thinking that feeling is thinking. It makes people easy to manipulate, and it's why there's so much white or black thinking. A personal observation: I think it's why so many have fallen away from the Church. Following faith is tough, and as soon as it gets uncomfortable people abandon it for comfort.
    It's also easier, both intellectually and socially (in most circles). (And as we all know, easy doesn't work.)

Once one believes a problem to be solved, the mental energy to worry about it and make decisions about it goes down. Never mind the actual cost down the road - in the short term, the mentally easy solution removes the immediate cost, while the lack of immediate impact removes the force of the urgent to make one face reality. I think that's how a culture like ours with so very much material comfort is able to reinforce so much of what you describe. That prosperity thereby proves to become a distinctly existential threat.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Secondly,for those who haven't experienced it... working in the federal government is like stepping into another dimension. The staggering levels of bureaucracy and regulations not only slows everything to a grinding pace... it indoctrinates you. I saw people's heads nearly pop when I would propose alternative courses of action despite the fact that they were still within the rules. The rumors of the FEMA employees not working nights or weekends is, to me, the most immediately believable story out of this. It's not just that they're lazy... it's that the thought to adjust operations to the situation probably never crossed their minds.
    You're dead on, sir. Though I will say that, while it's not that those in the system are necessarily lazy, it can tend to breed and grow an insidious kind of laziness - one where the one afflicted with it believes himself not to be, and thereby is not troubled by his conscience...

That said, this is all a dynamic endemic to bureaucracy itself, and of course the Federal level is pretty much the biggest bureaucracy we have. But you also see it in corporations (and non-profits) as they grow. Startups tend to follow the same trajectory on their ways to becoming large, established companies. There are people who hop from startup to startup for this very reason, to avoid what the big organizations inherently become.

As you and so many others have so often said around here, the answer is not to rely on large organizations and try to police them up; it's to avoid that reliance and invest at the smallest levels, keeping them healthy and strong. Neighbors can look out for each other far better than any government agency ever can. Parents and communities can educate children better than any national department. And so on, across the board.

Depending on the lowest levels for the things appropriate for them should also allow for keeping the higher levels focused on what can ONLY be done at their levels, which is a markedly small number of things, properly understood...

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Exactly. The federal gov't isn't going to be knocking on your door, hot meal in hand, as soon as the sun comes out. The absolute best at initial response is going to be the local community. There's a shit-load of work to be done before the NG, Army or anyone else can even get in there with the "big equipment" the YT idjits have been screeching about.

Have I heard of people with relief supplies getting stopped? Yes. But they said it was because there were utility trucks and/or road clearing equipment blocking the road ahead, and they were given another route to take.

Fox interviewing Ron DeSantis...

Watching the video you'll need to ignore the Fox talking head trying to bait him into bashing Biden.
    We need a DeSantis in every state. The man knows how to lead.

Thank you for this info Rip.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    As we pile on with the criticisms of FEMA, here is an interesting interview in which the FEMA director declarers that "just because you do not see a FEMA person in a FEMA shirt, it does not mean that they are not there."

FEMA administrator Deanne Criswell: We are moving in additional resources | Fox News Video

Please forgive me for referencing Fox News, a friend of mine that actually watches Fox sent the clip to me.
    FEMA is working undercover? To keep aid from reaching storm victims?