Thread: a squat and groin pain Q

Default a squat and groin pain Q

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    good day coach..

this is my latest squat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mnw9hdJsAU

225lb which I attempted the previous workout but my groin was bugging me so in this workout I used a narrower stance as you suggest in the book and it works .. wouldn't you know not one bit of pain
    but I can't go any lower without suffering is this normal?
    one problem is my belly.. kinda gets in the way
    I did the warmup with a wide stance and going deeper but I start feeling the pain coming back even with 50% of the weight

am I going deep enough ? better to take a few days off or to squat as I did?
    Thanks again

ps
    I am officially 180lb that's 9lb in 33 days, slow I know but I feel great

Take your time with getting back to your normal squat stance as the groin heals. You can slowly force the stance out wider as the pain becomes tolerable. But don't make the mistake of thinking that the process should proceed without pain; if you don't get into the injury at all with your rehab, you have not really done rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Take your time with getting back to your normal squat stance as the groin heals. You can slowly force the stance out wider as the pain becomes tolerable. But don't make the mistake of thinking that the process should proceed without pain; if you don't get into the injury at all with your rehab, you have not really done rehab.
    Understood..!
    thanks ..it's a stupid psychological block, the next workout I was able to take it deeper but I reduced the weight from 225 (previous working weight) to 205
    as my working weight...

I was able to do my full warmup, and 1 rep adding 5lb to 230lb
    but the pain told my brain to stop
    after that I wasn't even able to pull 225lb off the rack but I went on to add 10lb to my deadlift from 265 to 275..
    Very interesting, goes to prove that our body is capable of better things but our brain is holding us back .. a sort of safety mechanism I guess