starting strength gym

Thread: Pooping pants while squatting

Default Pooping pants while squatting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Have you or any of your trainees ever had this problem, Mark? It only started happening recently as I've been approaching 140kg worksets and eating like a pig (three McD's double-cheeseburgers for lunch everyday). Nothing disastrous so far, but I still have to run to the toilet between sets. Could it be a result of wearing a belt too tight? Any suggestions? I poop before working out, but when I'm coming out of the hole (no pun intended) something always squeezes out.

I'm sorry to address something so vulgar, but I don't believe you are very priggish about these things, and you also have that great American commodity: a sense of humor. Your help is appreciated.

-Drew

Jesus, Andrew, I could have gone a long time without having to hear about this. The obvious fix is to take a newspaper into the bathroom and not to come out until the whole thing is read. Just before you train. Works for me every time.

He might not have covered this with respect to squats, but it's already been handled for deadlifts. Would you really have expected the advice to be significantly different for squats? Reading from the book of Rip, Chapter 7, Verse 12:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    ...The best way to avoid this is to not deadlift when you need to shit, and vice versa. Planning is the key here.
    As with any good moral maxim, there are hidden depths to be mined here. For my part, I've spent hours pondering the exact meaning of "vice versa" as he uses it.

What would I do if this were me? Well that "Depends."

Could you please make this a "sticky" so as to prevent it from ever being asked again.

I bet that's a lovely smelling gym. Looks like we've found another use for duct tape

Think it must have had something to do with the new belt I've been wearing, but everything seems to be okay now, the necessary adaptation must have occured to prevent this rather awkward side-effect.

Nope, its not sorted actually, happened worse than ever today. Oh well. Sacrifices need to be made if one wants to get strong. And the depends idea might not be so ridiculous after all, as long as they have the elastic areas for mobility like huggies.

Except that I don't let anybody wearing Depends train in my gym. I think this is actually a very good policy for gyms to have.

starting strength coach development program
    This forum has been really entertaining recently. keep it up. I know of a guy that crapped his pants while doing 20 rep squats. it ran down his leg and everything. he also finished the set. pretty hard core.