starting strength gym
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary #6: Global Warming

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    It is June 18 in Wichita Falls, Texas, and we have not yet reached a 100-degree day. Hasn't been close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It is June 18 in Wichita Falls, Texas, and we have not yet reached a 100-degree day. Hasn't been close.
    95 degrees here in northern Michigan, must be climate change! Oh wait, this has happened every June for my 60+ years living here!

But now, it's a crisis... I don't know how much more of the state media bs I can handle.

Oh, and by the way, no home air-conditioning, so I guess sometimes we have to just tough it out, or maybe just go out to the big lake for a swim!

Funny thing is, the state media keeps sending out hypothermia warnings because the Great lakes are a little colder for this time of year.

I wish they'd get their "story" straight.

But any "global warming" we may eventually experience is obviously the fault of Stonehenge, and defacing this amazing multi-thousand-year-old testament to human ingenuity will obviously solve the "problem."

https://x.com/CitizenFreePres/status...41272696242213

Machine guns are the obvious answer here. Seriously, kill these people. Or do you think this will finally provoke the Brits into adulthood?

Just Stop Oil = Look At Me.

I posted this poem before, but this is the full version, I was taught this in kindergarten back in the 50's. This poem was written somewhere back in the 1800's before we had global climate change and you can see in this poem, heat, drought, flood, famine, death. It has both good times and bad times for people who lived off the land, the weather (climate) brought both blessing and curses. Nothing has changed except that folk have forgotten. Any disaster we have here whether flood or fire is amplified because there are more people and infrastructure in fire and flood prone areas, the disasters of the 1800's were the same, but the population was far less then and the effects were lower compared with what happens now in our over crowed cities and towns, why can't folk see this?

Your 100' F is about 37'C here and in our summer 100'F is a nice summer day.

My Country

The love of field and coppice,
    Of green and shaded lanes.
    Of ordered woods and gardens
    Is running in your veins,
    Strong love of grey-blue distance
    Brown streams and soft dim skies
    I know but cannot share it,
    My love is otherwise.

I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror –
    The wide brown land for me!

A stark white ring-barked forest
    All tragic to the moon,
    The sapphire-misted mountains,
    The hot gold hush of noon.
    Green tangle of the brushes,
    Where lithe lianas coil,
    And orchids deck the tree-tops
    And ferns the warm dark soil.

Core of my heart, my country!
    Her pitiless blue sky,
    When sick at heart, around us,
    We see the cattle die –
    But then the grey clouds gather,
    And we can bless again
    The drumming of an army,
    The steady, soaking rain.

Core of my heart, my country!
    Land of the Rainbow Gold,
    For flood and fire and famine,
    She pays us back threefold –
    Over the thirsty paddocks,
    Watch, after many days,
    The filmy veil of greenness
    That thickens as we gaze.

An opal-hearted country,
    A wilful, lavish land –
    All you who have not loved her,
    You will not understand –
    Though earth holds many splendours,
    Wherever I may die,
    I know to what brown country
    My homing thoughts will fly.

-- Dorothea Mackellar

The climate scaremongers: Proof that our Net Zero drive is pointless - The Conservative Woman

Extreme weather expert Professor Roger Pielke Jr summed it up best when he said, ‘I can think of no other area of research where the relaxing of rigour and standards has been encouraged by researchers to generate claims more friendly to headlines and political advocacy.’
    They lie about all of it. This is a religion, not even a pseudoscience. Saying that CO2 is not and cannot be a driver of "global warming" is the same thing as saying that There Is No God. At this point, CO2 is a basic assumption that needs no further analysis, since ABC/NBC/CBS/BBC/NYT all agree that it is the Lucifer of the 21st Century. How dare you question this?

__________________________________________________ ______

A reminder:

Really, think about this: A 4.6 billion-year-old planet with an 8000-mile diameter, with a molten core (heat, etc.), with an atmosphere that is only 50 miles/240,000ft thick (being rather generous), that orbits a star only 93 million miles away with 330,000 times the earth's mass and that emits enough radiation to burn your naked ass in 30 minutes, is having its weather unalterably changed over the course of the next 5/10/15 years (whatever it is now) by the presence of a weak greenhouse gas, CO2, that happens to now be at its lowest level in damn near the entire history of the planet -- a history punctuated by global glaciations while that weak greenhouse gas was far higher than it is now -- and that also happens to be the basis of plant life (and therefore atmospheric oxygen), a gas whose greenhouse effect is dwarfed by that of water vapor (on a planet with a surface area that consists of 70% water), and that geologically is currently in an interglacial period. The models that generated this political bullshit have predicted nothing correctly -- not sea level change, polar ice cover, or weather.

And everybody believes it anyway, to the extent that they are handing the management of the world's economy to elderly megalomaniacs with an agenda based on their own personal power. You're not even allowed to question it -- otherwise sensible people have agreed with the ridiculous premise that CO2 is a deadly poison that must be eliminated from the surface of the earth. Every August, everybody runs around like it's not supposed to be hot. Every time there's a drought, everybody acts like it's the very first time it's been dry too long. "Hurricane season" started in June, and how many hurricanes have devastated the coastlines already inundated by the molten ice caps? How many times over the past 20 years of this shit have the hurricane predictions been correct? This is a classic example of a pseudoscience, exactly like astrology. It's not falsifiable, and it has predicted nothing correctly. And in classic leftist fashion, anyone who disagrees is guilty of "The Pseudoscience of Climate Denialism."

Really, the children are in charge now, seeking validation for "caring about the planet," running around yelling about "carbon" -- the 4th most abundant element in the physical universe --being a deadly poison. Their managers are common criminals whose entire agenda is money and control, and we are letting it happen. It is the result of the shitty science education we received in the government schools, and it probably cannot be stopped.

And in addition, the Government that brought you the flu from China, lockdowns, and vaccines that killed far more people than the flu, the Government in charge of "public education", the war(s) in Asia, the economy, and pronouns wants to also be in charge of the weather. This should give you pause.

The Hockey stick was always a GIGO model.

Mining For Hockeysticks – Watts Up With That?

The world's most expensive pseudoscience: Denmark to charge $100 per cow in world’s first carbon tax on farming | CNN Business

Dairy farmers in Denmark face having to pay an annual tax of 672 krone ($96) per cow for the planet-heating emissions they generate.

The country’s coalition government agreed this week to introduce the world’s first carbon emissions tax on agriculture. It will mean new levies on livestock starting in 2030.

Denmark is a major dairy and pork exporter, and agriculture is the country’s biggest source of emissions. The coalition agreement — which also entails investing 40 billion krone ($3.7 billion) in measures such as reforestation and establishing wetlands — is aimed at helping the country meet its climate goals.

“With today’s agreement, we are investing billions in the biggest transformation of the Danish landscape in recent times,” Foreign Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen said in a statement Tuesday. “At the same time, we will be the first country in the world with a (carbon) tax on agriculture.”

starting strength coach development program
    I think us Aussies can go one better than that. Seaweed!

FutureFeed - CSIRO

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast