starting strength gym

Thread: The Contemporary Texas Kitchen: Sausage and Kraut

Default The Contemporary Texas Kitchen: Sausage and Kraut

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I try to buy meat from local butchers as much as possible, but Johnsonville is always a great choice for brats and breakfast sausage. I usually par-boil the brats for around 5-7 minutes per side and then grill them over oak and hickory charcoal. Then the roasted potatoes finished with some hickory smoke and some good sauerkraut to go with it!

Reminds me of the few months I worked in Graz, Austria. The food there was absolutely amazing; one thing I really miss is the kasekrainers with some mustard and sauerkraut at 2am, walking home from the local pubs!

So good!

CANNED Sauerkraut?

As I said, the kraut doesn't matter. This is a Bachelor Recipe. Please don't make me explain this.

I know this has been said before, but at a certain point you have to come out with a cook book. Also, "Bachelor Sausage" sounds like a movie starring Gianna Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I know this has been said before, but at a certain point you have to come out with a cook book. Also, "Bachelor Sausage" sounds like a movie starring Gianna Michaels
    Yeah, Coach's Kitchen or Rip's Recipes sounds like a cooking show I'd watch!

The "Bachelor Sausage" movie, not so sure about!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    THAT made me hungry and anxious to try it. Some things are more important than living forever.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I try to buy meat from local butchers as much as possible, but Johnsonville is always a great choice for brats and breakfast sausage. I usually par-boil the brats for around 5-7 minutes per side and then grill them over oak and hickory charcoal. Then the roasted potatoes finished with some hickory smoke and some good sauerkraut to go with it!

Reminds me of the few months I worked in Graz, Austria. The food there was absolutely amazing; one thing I really miss is the kasekrainers with some mustard and sauerkraut at 2am, walking home from the local pubs!

So good!
    I fucking LOVE sausage/kielbasa/bratwurst etc with sauerkraut. But use caution with Johnsonville shit. One time I put 5-6 Johnsonville sausages or bratwursts on the grill along with 5-6 sausages I got from the local butcher shop. Long to short, I got distracted, lost track of time and overcooked the meat. The butcher shop sausages were all burned up and charred through and through, as one might expect - rendered useless (literally?). The Johnsonvilles were thoroughly dried out and gross, but the fuckers didnt char. Equally inedible, but they didnt b ecome unrecognizable and charred. They just looked like strangely desiccated sausages. Im not sure what they put in those things, but it seems unnatural.

Perhaps buy local.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    THAT made me hungry and anxious to try it. Some things are more important than living forever.
    Why do you think that such basic human foods as sausage, sauerkraut and potatoes would be detrimental to longevity? Perhaps some Soylent, I cant Beleive its Not Meat and some other high quality Plant Based (tm) foods from ConAgra'a and Archer Daniels Midland's high tech laboratories would be better.