starting strength gym
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: SS Radio #250: British Food Month begins.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Did you gents have anything that I call “dairy carton” iced tea? Usually, it was sold by the same people that stocked your grocery and school cafeteria with milk and came in a carton. Brown, sweet, citric, not really tasting herbal like tea, refreshing as hell. They’d probably also have an orange drink, too.

Happy Sunday. Will be putting together a Sunday roast today.

Slow-roasted rump of beef
    Shallot Madiera gravy
    Beef drippings potatoes
    Roasted carrots with thyme
    Creamed spinach
    Yorkshire puddings

Photos of the whole affair will go up on the Network forum. Maybe I’ll do process shots.

Cheers (ugh…)

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Did you gents have anything that I call “dairy carton” iced tea? Usually, it was sold by the same people that stocked your grocery and school cafeteria with milk and came in a carton. Brown, sweet, citric, not really tasting herbal like tea, refreshing as hell. They’d probably also have an orange drink, too.
    Satch, was this in Pennsylvania? All the hits I get searching for carton iced tea look to be from there, so I'm wondering if it's a regional thing.

Your description reminds me of the Coolie drinks that the Pet milk company sold in wax cartons when I was growing up. They were all fruit flavors, though, no iced tea that I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Satch, was this in Pennsylvania? All the hits I get searching for carton iced tea look to be from there, so I'm wondering if it's a regional thing.

Your description reminds me of the Coolie drinks that the Pet milk company sold in wax cartons when I was growing up. They were all fruit flavors, though, no iced tea that I recall.
    Yep, but also New Jersey and New York. Pretty much wherever you had a dairy that stocked a retail fridge, you’d see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Yes, we had them on Long Island.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Yes, we had them on Long Island.
    Probably from Tuscan Dairies.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314