starting strength gym

Thread: Squats with a crushed pelvis

Default Squats with a crushed pelvis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Two years ago I had a semi truck fall on me and crush my pelvis. Left side was crushed with five more breaks going all the way to the right side. I have nerve damage from the lower spine down my left leg to my foot. I’ve always fucked around in the gym as you say, I’ve just found your program and it makes total sense to me. I’m wondering if you’ve ever worked with someone with this kind of injury and what I should expect or even do besides the way you explain it. Thank you in advance.

Need more details on the repair, your current status, and what therapy you've had.

Doctors let it heal naturally. Currently I can do whatever I want but run, I’ve never attempted any of these movements except bench. Therapy was normal workman’s comp deal once I had movement back and could squat holding 25lbs out in front of me they sent me on my way.

All cases of giant injury like this have to be approached on an individual basis. I wouldn't know what to have you do until I could see what you can do. Just start the program and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy86 View Post
    Two years ago I had a semi truck fall on me and crush my pelvis.
    How did that happen?

Use to work in heavy recovery and while working a big truck wreck, I crawled under it to drop the driveshaft so we could tow it back to the yard and something gave way and the truck sat down on me.

Ugly.

Damn!

starting strength coach development program
    Wow...good on you for making the choice to get in the gym and get after it. An excellent and proper response - well done, sir. Stick with it and keep us posted on your further wins!