starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza. Pancakes. Protein Shakes.

Default Pizza. Pancakes. Protein Shakes.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Eat Big to get strong. It's really not that hard. I decided to add these three foods (with plenty of milk) on top of my normal diet and my strength skyrocketed during my NLP. Went from 205 to 250 and saw my numbers skyrocket. This made the physicality of the fire academy easy. Advancing charged hose line, dragging victims, throwing ladders, running up towers in full structural gear with a 50 pound SCBA, all of it became suboptimal because I committed, with all the bells and whistles, to get my squat to 405. Most strength related issues you people post on here come down to a personal matter of half assery and circumspection. Follow the program, eat more than you want to, and sleep more than you want to.

"But I am lactose intolerant!" "That's a road to stomach cancer!" "I'll be s***ting until the end of time!"

You can rationalize your wrongmindedness all you can, but it only belies that you are not willing to submit yourself to simple wisdom. If you do what the book tells you to you will get strong. Once you are strong then you can develop your other skills.

It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNaz42 View Post
    sleep more than you want to.
    I just wish this part was as easy as the eating.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNaz42 View Post
    "That's a road to stomach cancer!"
    Please tell me that's not a real objection from actual people...

I guess I'll file away a retort that deep yogic breathing similarly causes lung cancer, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Please tell me that's not a real objection from actual people...

I guess I'll file away a retort that deep yogic breathing similarly causes lung cancer, then.
    That's right. didn't you know. All our nordic based ancestors from Europe got stomach cancer once they started eatting milk and cheese for survival. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    That's right. didn't you know. All our nordic based ancestors from Europe got stomach cancer once they started eatting milk and cheese for survival. Lol
    All? Griff, just when I think there's hope for you, you say something stupid. All the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    All? Griff, just when I think there's hope for you, you say something stupid. All the time.
    I may be missing yours, Rip, (in which case, well played), but I'm pretty sure that in this case, Griff was employing sarcasm.

It was satire. Ik a few people who enjoy a nice bowl of ice cream while sitting backwards on the toilet.

Other words, ik eatting dairy for a guy who doesn't have the enzymes needed for lactose digestion will not cause stomach cancer, but will just cause gas and a bicarbonate surplus in his med cabinet.

Sorry, Griff. You're much more intelligent than I had assumed.

starting strength coach development program
    Sorry, Griff. You're much more intelligent than I had assumed.
    That's right, I was the smartest in my PE major class. Jk I would never.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast