starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shingles jab

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    It most definitely is their response. Last time she had it they gave her absolutely nothing. I got some different creams from a herbal shop because it was better than nothing.

This time around they gave her tablets and told her to by some other cream.

As far as I know they don't give antibiotics for it here. At least her doctors don't and I think they are more useless than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    But make sure you're convinced by the diagnosis. Being recurrent is more unusual as a breakout usually boosts the immune system against it and it can be misdiagnosed.
    They were unconvinced so did a blood test to rule out liver disease. Better than the last time which was "we're not sure, if it gets worse come back."

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shenfield View Post
    It most definitely is their response. Last time she had it they gave her absolutely nothing. I got some different creams from a herbal shop because it was better than nothing.

This time around they gave her tablets and told her to by some other cream.

As far as I know they don't give antibiotics for it here. At least her doctors don't and I think they are more useless than most.
    "Antibiotics" are not active against viral infections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Right. It's bad. But that doesn't mean the vax actually works. You should have learned this by now.
    Absolutely. What evidence would you need to convince you it was worth getting? Very large cohort studies have been done whose conclusions are it's fairly effective with negligible side effects. Boosting is needed generally after 10 years. Do you trust the studies? I'm in the medical profession and I don't know who to trust any more.

The pharmaceutical industry does make obscene profits from it. It's a disease of middle aged/elderly people in developed countries that is "nasty" in some people but in the vast majority a week long pain in the ass at worst. In the developing world they don't reach the age they get it, and they have bigger problems.

I didn't get to your back pain podcast yet but I'm sure you talk about the 'back pain industry' - worth 11 billion a year?

Sorry I'm rambling - it seems to be brought on by the all the craziness and we already have a thread about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CplGirthington View Post
    I feel compelled to add my almost worthless anecdotal conjecture. Tangentially related, childrens' vaccination schedule has included a chicken pox vaccine for the last decade plus. Prior to this nobody can remember children having shingles. I have heard of kids with shingles on multiple occasions in the past ten years, and am left to connect those two dots.
    Funny how that seems to work.

How American culture has come to blindly vaccinate for a disease that doesn't kill kids with access to clean water and proper shelter without weighing potential negatives has always miffed me. It does appear that some of the covid vax backlash and a thread title like this one, that people are thinking and talking.

Don’t notice too much, comrade.

I'm a few years too young to speak on Measles, but was under the impression from The Brady Bunch reruns that it was pretty much the chicken pox of Rip and his parents' generations. The media gets a throbbing boner when breakthrough cases of Measles pop up, but they never get around to reporting any deaths.
    N.b. that the episode where Marcia gets the measles has been memory holed and most severely.

Yes, it's very interesting that we need both a chicken pox vaccine and a shingles vaccine, since they work so well.

I've never had chicken pox, so it will definitely become a concern at some point. But after Fauci, I'm NeverVaxxCrew till I die, so the point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I've never had chicken pox, so it will definitely become a concern at some point. But after Fauci, I'm NeverVaxxCrew till I die, so the point is moot.
    If you’ve never had chickenpox you won’t get shingles. You might get chickenpox which in an adult is far worse. I suspect if you were tested for VZV (chickenpox) exposure you probably have been exposed but had an atypically mild case.

Being anti all vaccines because of one bureaucrat is like being teetotal because you hate Budweiser. They’re just molecules, they do what they do. There are bad vaccines, average vaccines and good vaccines.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    If you’ve never had chickenpox you won’t get shingles. You might get chickenpox which in an adult is far worse. I suspect if you were tested for VZV (chickenpox) exposure you probably have been exposed but had an atypically mild case.

Being anti all vaccines because of one bureaucrat is like being teetotal because you hate Budweiser. They’re just molecules, they do what they do. There are bad vaccines, average vaccines and good vaccines.
    Yes but all those vaccines are basically under quasi monopoly, where government power is leveraged to obfuscate the dangers of all vaccines. I will not be interacting with this system. Fauci is just the one who.made me realize how bad it really is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12