starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I neuter my cat?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Korpiel View Post
    Hey Rip,

I remember watching one of the podcasts where you said you wouldn’t neuter your dog (if you had one, and I don’t know if you do) because you are a responsible dog owner who can control your dogs actions, and see no reason to mess up their hormones.

I, on the other hand, recently adopted a male kitten. I was wondering your opinions on neutering a cat rather than a dog.

I have heard that it decreases aggressive behavior, eliminates spray or urine marking (big one). I haven’t really heard any negatives of neutering.

What are your opinions on this?
    Neutering and Spaying animals is cruel and no amount veterinarian propaganda is going to convince me otherwise. If you take on the responsibility of a pet, take the responsibility at face value. Don't cut corners, especially if it means using surgical means to make your care of them easier. For better or for worse. No exceptions. Rationalize it any way that you wish, the fact is that neutering and spaying animals is for the comfort of the owners and not at all for the health of the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Train a cat??
    We trained him to shit outside, so it must be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyStrong View Post
    Sorry about your loss. Rest In Peace
    Thank you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNaz42 View Post
    Neutering and Spaying animals is cruel and no amount veterinarian propaganda is going to convince me otherwise. If you take on the responsibility of a pet, take the responsibility at face value. Don't cut corners, especially if it means using surgical means to make your care of them easier. For better or for worse. No exceptions. Rationalize it any way that you wish, the fact is that neutering and spaying animals is for the comfort of the owners and not at all for the health of the animal.
    What are your thoughts on steers and geldings?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123