starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primary hypogonadism

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Does the clinic do online consults Martin?
    Phone calls. But I send my bloodwork in online. I found this clinic through the connection with Dr.Nichols who's spoken to Rip before. So figured it was my most reliable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Ah, right - please forgive me, as I should have remembered that from your posts about training your, as y'all say, mum. And my condolences on conditions there.

I'm glad to hear you're able to get on TRT - looking forward to hearing more good news for you. Well done taking charge of difficult providers, sir.
    No need. I should have considered there are a lot of people on this forum. Just mistakenly believed that I would be a memorable snowflake. Mum's still training.

It could be worse. I could be in Canada. Or California.

Yeah, I think I have to give this a go. Other people might choose an SSRI but that seems to be just as long term with no major upside.
    Not something I necessarily want to do for myself either. I'm thinking about my family more than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shenfield View Post
    Phone calls. But I send my bloodwork in online. I found this clinic through the connection with Dr.Nichols who's spoken to Rip before. So figured it was my most reliable option.
    Can you PM me the name of the clinic?

I'm actively looking but here in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Can you PM me the name of the clinic?

I'm actively looking but here in Melbourne.
    I cannot PM you. Apparently I don't have that permission. Probably because I'm a cheapskate.

You don't work for AHPRA do you?

This board does not allow for PMs.

I cannot PM you. Apparently I don't have that permission. Probably because I'm a cheapskate.

You don't work for AHPRA do you?
    Haha. No. But being in my late 40's and feeling "off" for a while as well as being cognizant of the difficulty in actually being treated I thought it best not have the clinic suddenly receive an influx of consult requests based on a google search if it's named publicly on a strength forum.

Look forward to your assessment of your treatment if you go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This board does not allow for PMs.
    That's probably why it didn't work.

I am in the UK and the clinic I use recently interviewed Dave Lee who runs a clinic in Australia, just google him for contact as I dont want to post company links here.

I just want to say 4 things to you Martin: TRT has been great for me, it is a long term commitment, the clinic looks at symptoms as well as 'numbers' but then monitor you over time through bloodwork, and I have had good results form scrotal cream (so no barrier of administrating injections)

All the best to you

Quote Originally Posted by North69 View Post
    I am in the UK and the clinic I use recently interviewed Dave Lee who runs a clinic in Australia, just google him for contact as I dont want to post company links here.

I just want to say 4 things to you Martin: TRT has been great for me, it is a long term commitment, the clinic looks at symptoms as well as 'numbers' but then monitor you over time through bloodwork, and I have had good results form scrotal cream (so no barrier of administrating injections)

All the best to you
    Yeah, I've spoken to Dave twice. He grew up in my hometown.

I'm sure the discerning viewer can work it out from here.

Thanks, yeah I think I'm pretty resolved now to giving it a go. My friend says he hates it and that made me question myself, but I think he may be on a GP script so it's probably not very good.

I'm giving it a go. I'll tell you guys when my numbers all triple.

My friend says he hates it and that made me question myself, but I think he may be on a GP script so it's probably not very good.
    Did your friend say why he hates it? I'm curious what there is to dislike, not to mention why he stays on it. Is it just because the doc says so, or is it because he gets a benefit that outweighs what he hates?

The good thing is, if you don't like it, well, there's a reason you have to administer it as often as you do, right? Getting off of it is as quick as the benefits, and unlike, say, SSRIs or SNRIs, there's no freaky withdrawal from a sudden cessation...

I am reminded of a conversation I just had with someone who's been diagnosed with Parkinson's. I asked how he was doing, and he said he was horrible, because his doctor is "making" him take multiple anti-seizure meds, and he thinks they're messing him up. I pointed out, gently, that his doctors cannot MAKE him do anything. He said he was planning to talk to the doctor this week, so I encouraged him to remember that the doctor works for him. He agreed - hopefully we'll have better news soon. Still, the "my doctor's making me take..." default is...regrettable.

I'll step off of my soapbox now.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Did your friend say why he hates it? I'm curious what there is to dislike, not to mention why he stays on it. Is it just because the doc says so, or is it because he gets a benefit that outweighs what he hates?

The good thing is, if you don't like it, well, there's a reason you have to administer it as often as you do, right? Getting off of it is as quick as the benefits, and unlike, say, SSRIs or SNRIs, there's no freaky withdrawal from a sudden cessation...
    No, but I'm guessing he is on the publically funded version, which are from what I have read, terrible protocols. Or he's with a GP who doesn't have the knowledge. If I catch up with him again I might ask him but last time we spoke was in public and he understandably didn't say much.

He is on it because his spleen burst and he went septic while he was working away on the mines. I think he almost died. He said his levels never came back. So I guess benefit outweighs downsides.

That's a good point on withdrawal, and I think that's why I've gone this way instead of SSRI's. My other friend is on them so I told him we can compare results.

The thing is, in Australia we don't have an attitude that doctors work for us. I don't understand but somehow we believe that GP's are God. We go to them and pay them to get things wrong and then we keep going to them. Even when I got injured at work, my GP resigned so I got moved to a different one and he was really bad. The lawyer I had to engage said why don't you just go to a different one. The thought had never even occurred in my brain. I guess that's why everyone here got the three jabs. Some people are up to six now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12