starting strength gym

Thread: Havent benn to the gym in years

Default Havent benn to the gym in years

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi there. I used to follow Starting Strength but I got old and lazy. Now at this time I'm told I need a new hip. The doctor showed me the x-rays and I current have zero Cartlidge between my hip. I did do some work rehabing or whatever with some nurse person. Helped slightly. Have to go back to the gym but my hip slips out of place at awkward times and I wouldn't want it slipping during squats. I'll just be walkinng and it'll shift and slip out of place and I have to catch myself or I will fall down. I'm turning 52 in a few weeks. I've needed a new hip for over a year now. Lost a lot of fat because I need to lose fat also because my blood pressure is way too high. My blood pressure has been so high over the years that now I've been diagnose with Stage 3 Chronic Kidney disease. My kidney only currently works at 60% and it doesn't get any better. So how could I even build much muscle if my kidneys can't handle the protein?. I've been told by some that I shouldn't be eating much protein because of my disease. I've also been told the opposite. Also started and have been on a low carb/keto diet and lost a lot of fat. So I'm not young and healthy but Starting Strength I thought was more intended for youngsters that are very healthy. Personally I think your book for older lifters might be something I should follow instead. Still don't want my hip to slip in the middle of squats. Plus how can I even build much muscle at this age and with this disease. Guess I just came on here to bitch and get some answers. What do you think?. Am I just a lazy fat fuck?. Or are these legitimate concerns?.

Worry about all this shit after your hip is replaced. Do that NOW.