starting strength gym

Thread: MIT Educated Neurosurgeon On The Dubious Nature Of Back Surgery

Default MIT Educated Neurosurgeon On The Dubious Nature Of Back Surgery

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Here is a video I think you may find interesting (maybe not), regarding what many who follow Starting Strength and know about back surgery have long known.

Bit of a long winded, rambling video, but in short - the guy is a back surgeon who left practice due to dissatisfaction and ethical concerns about the effectiveness of his work. He discovered that lifestyle factors like diet, exercise, and stress management were more crucial for patients' recovery than surgeries, which often did not address underlying issues.

After treating thousands of patients he found that most patients did not have good results from surgery, but the ones that did were already taking their health into their own hands.

Further, he became disillusioned because the medical industry isn't that interested in relieving suffering, but more interested in keeping the industry well oiled with patient money and making the patient believe there is no other alternative.

I think a lot of people in the SS world have come to this conclusion when they find themselve in the patient role, but I thought it was rather interesting to see a former practicing surgeons take.

No real question, but I guess we all just need to keep following the golden path - do our 5's, drink our milk, and get some good sleep.

I saw this. The guy needs to train.