starting strength gym

Thread: Golfer's Elbow - Pin firing

Cool Golfer's Elbow - Pin firing

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi All,

I have had medial epicondylitis for close to 3 months now. I have tried resting, icing, diclofenac, TENS, PT, and most recently a PRP shot about 2 weeks ago. It has improved a bit but the pain still persists.

I am starting to load the tendon now. I started Mark's pin firing protocol today with 20 sets of 3 chin ups. I must be further along in my recovery than I thought because the pain was minimal.

Question - Mark prescribed sets of 3 chins *if* you can do around 10 chins. I haven't tried in 3 months since the pain started but I'm pretty confident I can still do 15-20. In the moment, after a little pump, I felt very little pain and I keep hearing that I should be feeling more pain. Should I up the reps to 5 @ 20 sets, or is that over-doing it and I just need to be patient?

Also - any issues with rolling the tendon on a lacrosse ball daily while doing this pin firing protocol? Would that interfere?

Thanks,
    Armando

Up the reps to 5 and see what happens.

The "ceiling" here is going to be how much, if at all, it interferes with your productive training. It's not a training stimulus, is the thing. Go as high as you want before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    The "ceiling" here is going to be how much, if at all, it interferes with your productive training. It's not a training stimulus, is the thing. Go as high as you want before that happens.
    Thanks. I'm going to hold off on all other upper-body heavy push/pull movements to maximize recovery, for at least 4 weeks. It shouldn't interfere with anything. My focus is getting rid of this thing.

The rehab protocol does not require that you detrain the other lifts.

starting strength coach development program
    If you are avoiding heavy weights because they might irritate your elbows, then what exactly is your rationale for employing a rehab method *specifically designed to irritate the piss out of your elbows?*