starting strength gym

Thread: Thought's on Pitbulls?

Default Thought's on Pitbulls?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Rip, I know you're a huge dog lover, even going so far as to say that people who don't like dogs can, "get fucked". I'm curious how you feel about Pits? I personally have had very little experience with them, mainly just seeing videos of them either attacking people/animals or dressed up in a tutu being extremely sweet. I know a lot of people have strong opinions about them one way or the other, so I wanted to know how you felt about them?

The best dog I ever had was a female pit. She was the sweetest thing who ever lived. You can make any dog into an asshole by mistreating it. Chihuahuas seem to need the least help. I don't think you'll find anyone outside the media who thinks badly of pit bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The best dog I ever had was a female pit. She was the sweetest thing who ever lived. You can make any dog into an asshole by mistreating it. Chihuahuas seem to need the least help. I don't think you'll find anyone outside the media who thinks badly of pit bulldogs.
    Yes, one of my daughters has a pit bulldog I've posted about before.

Really a very friendly dog, loves to go for walks out in the woods; for some reason she likes to crawl up next to me and hang out! Get that pit in the lake for a swim in the afternoon, they sleep good at night!

I don't see how they're any different than other breeds that are prone to being anxious / timid.

German shepherds come to mind as being very similar. They need a good owner and plenty of socializing as a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    German shepherds come to mind as being very similar. They need a good owner and plenty of socializing as a puppy.
    They are not similar at all.