starting strength gym

Thread: Getting the most out of an event

Default Getting the most out of an event

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    G'day Rip,

It is looking like I am going to drive the five hour trip to Perth, Western Australia (not a drive I am looking forward to overall) to attend a Starting Strength training camp in October.

My questions are how do I get the most out of this event? What mindset should I have coming into it? Should I take a notebook? Should I just be present and absorb as much as possible?

Should I train as per normal leading up or should I do a light day or something? Does it matter?

Would I approach a camp differently to the seminar?

It's not about the monetary expense and I apologize for asking a lot of questions, I just want to get the best out of an experience I'm unlikely to have ever again.

Take as many notes as you can. Do a light day workout so you're not sore the day of the event. Ask as many questions as possible. You'll be fine, just relax and get all your questions answered.

Thanks Rip.

I'm driving up the day before which I'd normally lift on so I will probably not do a light day but will plan my week so my lifts coincide with the camp. I'll have one extra day off just driving the car that way.

I'll get myself a nice pen and notebook.

I'm grateful for the opportunity. I'm glad I clicked the wrong button on my phone and found the event soon enough.