starting strength gym

Thread: Getting Big and Strong

Default Getting Big and Strong

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Mr. Rippetoe,

I would like to inquire your opinion regarding target body weight. I have been playing with a light kettlebell and a sandbag for a little while. Ready to stop being a pu**y, start doing big strong things and be big and strong. I understand that when I run my NLP, I need to approach nutrition with a target body weight in mind. I am currently 42 years of age, 72.5" tall, 175lbs. I would like to realize my greatest strength potential and progress into a hell of a lifter. My inclination is that your recommendation would be to shoot for somewhere around 265lbs. Thought I would check in and see what you think? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
    -EC

Sounds about right, but it may not be. You immediate goal is 180. Once that is met, 185 is next, and then 190, and so on until you're strong. That may happen at 265 unless you get fat first.

5 lbs. at a time, just like adding to the bar. This is brilliant and I am thankful I asked. The process is the goal. Thank you for the feedback.