starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast food and bulking

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Yeah does seem kinda Troll-ish considering a simple search would have turned up a few results. Just don't pull an msingh and eat without lifting k?

In the last 4 months, university holidays, I've been eating a fair bit of mickey D's(about 4-5 times a week) as it is about 10 meters from my desk at work, so I'd been eating it out of convenience.

My weight has remained the same(86-87kg), which is good as I'm a weight class athlete, my training has been going the same(good), and I've been feeling the same(good).

Now all the fast food probably isn't that great for my long term health I'll admit, but its' really not that much, and I think aslong as you don't go nuts with it, it can form part of a great strength building diet, and even a part of a relatively healthy one too if you manage it well.

I'm ceasing fulltime work next week and going back to study, so I won't be eating much fast food at all then. But I don't think it's all that bad, especially for somebody trying to gain strength and bulk.

Yes, as long as it's not a long-term plan, it's a great idea. You need to be over 220, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    Yes, as long as it's not a long-term plan, it's a great idea. You need to be over 220, by the way.
    I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post
    4 double cheese and a shake is a meal I am very familiar with.
    Damn.

lol i asked the exact same question at bb.com and got completely opposite answers. Good thing I like this site more.

Cant see myself getting sick of MickeyDs for a while just wish I had a BK close by as from what Ive read its the most caloire dense food.

Ill think Ill stick with the burgers for now and skip the shake and fries, just not there yet - besides I dont really like sugary foods.

Going to also aim for 200, although that will probably change once i hit it.

Anyways thanks for all the replies.

Asking BB.com? Really? There's like a new gyno and "what do I eat?" thread there every 20 minutes.

Ever pay attention to the stats of the guys who respond? Most of them weigh under 170 lbs and haven't grown in years. I would be very skeptical of getting advice from BB.com.

The SS thread there is funny because I see many of the posters there usually stall around the 110-120 range and hardly any press over 100 lbs. I suspect it is due to fearing of eating.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    The SS thread there is funny because I see many of the posters there usually stall around the 110-120 range and hardly any press over 100 lbs. I suspect it is due to fearing of eating.
    This scares me, because I recently pressed 110 and will be attempting 115 on Friday. I guess I'd better start supersizing.

And as for fast food, 100% eat your heart out if you are trying to gain weight. Fuck the milk - if it weren't for McDonalds, I wouldn't have been able to gain shit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast