starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How to eat for a ~25% BF?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Bc you have to be an expert to understand the laws of thermodynamics...
    One doesn't have to break the laws of thermodynamics to build muscle while losing weight. The body can take energy from both fat stored in the body and from food to build muscle and maintain life.

The "law" that you cannot build muscle on a calorie deficit is not a physiscal law, it is an empirical law which says that once you get past the initial lower levels of adaption and reach a moderately low bf percentage (<15% or so) you cannot build muscle mass if you unless you are very gifted genetically.

In a couple of weeks, a fairly interesting study that found that "elite" athletes actually gained 1 kg / 2 lbs of muscle and lost 5 kg / 10 lbs of fat over a 12 week period will be published in Norway. Its title is "Acute and long-term weight loss and weight gain in elite athletes; influences on body composition and performance." The body composition changes were measured using DEXA. "Elite" in Norway usually means endurance athletes, so I don't know at which level of adaptation the people who participated in the study were, but I would expect it to be fairly low, but I don't know.
    Last edited by selters; 05-29-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Meh, I changed my mind, I don't want to take part in this debate.
    Last edited by BarbellSissy; 05-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    Consensus elsewhere on the internet was that he has a very uniform fat distribution on his body, so unlike the typical male he doesn't just pile the bodyfat mostly on his belly and lower back but rather all over his body - this confounds the skinfold estimates which are based on the assumption of a typical/average fat distribution pattern of a male, so he was reported to have a lower bodyfat than he actually carries. They never did a DEXA on him unfortunately but understandably since it wouldn't be as impressive as a skinfold.

Man I swear to god people are such fucking haters....wahh hes got a more even fat distribtion....wah i was fat didnt follow the fuckin program and ate how an anorexic kid should and got fatter wtf man!!!! Wah wah wah I cant get a six pack bc of genetics wah wah wah

Selters alright you win....honestly dont care that much
    Last edited by MattJ.D.; 05-29-2011 at 10:48 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Just realised how dumb jumping in these arguments is. Deleted.
    Last edited by JiP; 05-30-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678