starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone comment on the value of BCAAs?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dude, this forum exists for the sole purpose of exchanging information and ideas. I asked other people on this form for their opinion and ideas. Of course I'm capable of performing my own experimentation. But if that's all we did, then there would be no need for this form. If other people's information and ideas support my interests and what I am interested in, and then perhaps i will experiment Your hostile comment suggests that nobody should ask any questions on This board.

I value the subjective opinions of others here and many enjoy sharing them. That makes these boards fun.

Ahhh. . . the anonymity of the internet. One would never speak to another that way in a face to face conversation. Unless one is a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Ahhh. . . the anonymity of the internet. One would never speak to another that way in a face to face conversation. Unless one is a psychopath.
    Except I'm not anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Actually it's the pseudonymity that's problematic; it increases the distance while still allowing personification and ego stakes in opinions, both of which serve to fuel pissing contests that likely wouldn't take place otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by algunos hombre View Post
    Actually it's the pseudonymity that's problematic; it increases the distance while still allowing personification and ego stakes in opinions, both of which serve to fuel pissing contests that likely wouldn't take place otherwise.
    Sure; this^^^. And a basic lack of civility.

If your eating a high protein diet you are already getting a shit load of BCAAs but if you like to waste money go ahead and try some.

I would avoid foods that don't contain them.

..mf

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Dude, this forum exists for the sole purpose of exchanging information and ideas. I asked other people on this form for their opinion and ideas. Of course I'm capable of performing my own experimentation. But if that's all we did, then there would be no need for this form. If other people's information and ideas support my interests and what I am interested in, and then perhaps i will experiment Your hostile comment suggests that nobody should ask any questions on This board.

I value the subjective opinions of others here and many enjoy sharing them. That makes these boards fun.
    In my opinion, it all depends exactly how badly you want good gains. Whey will suffice, but BCAAs are better I believe. I've never tried BCAAs because I try to stick to whole foods largely, but I do use Whey and Casein(rarely). I think BCAAs are great for your body to make use of all the incomplete proteins your body receives, but I don't find it cost effective over Whey. If you really wanna get everything you can out of your lifting though, it may be for you.

I wouldn't say I'm on a low-carb diet, but the only carbs I really allow myself right now are from fruits and veggies, and I just use whey for workouts. I have actually seen a slight improvement in lifts due to better form and am not getting as sore as I used to despite eating below maintenance. I would use whey if you're training fasted, but otherwise I'd just suggest you eat protein rich foods.

Quote Originally Posted by tzanghi View Post
    In my opinion, it all depends exactly how badly you want good gains. Whey will suffice, but BCAAs are better I believe. I've never tried BCAAs because I try to stick to whole foods largely, but I do use Whey and Casein(rarely). I think BCAAs are great for your body to make use of all the incomplete proteins your body receives, but I don't find it cost effective over Whey. If you really wanna get everything you can out of your lifting though, it may be for you.

I wouldn't say I'm on a low-carb diet, but the only carbs I really allow myself right now are from fruits and veggies, and I just use whey for workouts. I have actually seen a slight improvement in lifts due to better form and am not getting as sore as I used to despite eating below maintenance. I would use whey if you're training fasted, but otherwise I'd just suggest you eat protein rich foods.
    Why would BCAA powder be any better than the BCAAs you get from whey and other high protein foods.

starting strength coach development program
    BCAA's taste so horrible it's ridiculous. Secondly I dont like the idea of displacing other Aminos. The taste is too bad to even try though.
    Last edited by MEbigUsmall; 02-22-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast