starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break from creatine

Default Break from creatine

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Jordan
    Do you take a break from your creatine every now and then? if so,for how long and do you do a reload when you start taking it again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rimack View Post
    Jordan
    Do you take a break from your creatine every now and then? if so,for how long and do you do a reload when you start taking it again?

Thanks
    I haven't cycled off in years. If you wanted to do that, you'd need about 4-6 weeks to wash it all out and regain your own endogenous creatine production.

What happens if you taper off it slowly? Or would it be better to to just go cold turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl1978 View Post
    What happens if you taper off it slowly? Or would it be better to to just go cold turkey?
    Nothing happens until you're not taking in enough creatine to suppress your own production of the stuff. Seems like a waste of time to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I haven't cycled off in years. If you wanted to do that, you'd need about 4-6 weeks to wash it all out and regain your own endogenous creatine production.
    I was thinking this on the weekend. Just to be clear, 52weeks a year? Even on rest weeks (as this got me thinking as when you rest, you still need to pump yourself full of goodness to grow).

Quote Originally Posted by GHK View Post
    I was thinking this on the weekend. Just to be clear, 52weeks a year? Even on rest weeks (as this got me thinking as when you rest, you still need to pump yourself full of goodness to grow).
    Yessir.

Jordan, I am in a lay off of 10 days due to an otic infection. I have to take antibiotics for 7 days ,paracetamol, otic drops and was injected with corticoids. The question is if I should stop creatine supplementation during these days.

Sorry if this question is bothering and you can not provide an answer.

Thank you in advance,

Christian

I don't see why it would matter one way or another. I'd probably just leave it out on the off chance the creatine's pharmokinetics alter the antibiotics'....though I can't postulate a mechanism off-hand.

Disregard if this is a duplicate - not sure if I pressed Post Quick Reply or Not:

I have a tub of creatine and a jar of BCAA. Was taking both before my meet - stopped 4 weeks ago. Was taking them only because I read "Take Creatine, take BCAA's". 300g protein intake per day (80% meat, 20% whey isolate shake). Am not training fasted . .any pro/cons, benefits/drawbacks to me taking the remainder of both? Apologize if this is considered a "hijack"

starting strength coach development program
    While we're on the subject...

I've been taking 1 scoop of allmax's creatine daily for a while. Any reason to take more or is 5g daily sufficient?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast