starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you recommend such high carbohydrate consumption if it screws with isulin?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Thanks Jordan. Gonna pick me up a big ass book about diabetes as it is beyond the scope of this thread. I just always worry about diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplowitz View Post
    Thanks Jordan. Gonna pick me up a big ass book about diabetes as it is beyond the scope of this thread. I just always worry about diabetes.
    Pick up a good physiology book, like Brooks and Fahey's Exercise Physiology. Lots of this stuff is covered in there. Alternatively, Costanzo's Physiology (purple cover) is a nice primer for cheap.

I thought it wuz aliens. But fine I'll read this book. Then I'm a come back with some theories I came up with while on the john.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Pick up a good physiology book, like Brooks and Fahey's Exercise Physiology. Lots of this stuff is covered in there. Alternatively, Costanzo's Physiology (purple cover) is a nice primer for cheap.
    Or just (patiently) wait for yours?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorinexile View Post
    Or just (patiently) wait for yours?
    Eh, I think there are better resources on cold physiology than my book is- though there's plenty of applied phys in there.

LMFAO. Jordan are you buying this for me?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0072556420

That's why people are ignorant. I am gonna find something cheaper at Barnes and noble that can explain diabetes to me without giving my wallet insulin spikes.

Yep, it's a whopper (and not the cool kind). Try this one, much friendlier on the wallet: http://www.amazon.com/Physiology-Cos.../dp/B005BQ5WGA

This is the worst part too: I lost my wallet like a month or so ago and have been looking all over the place for it. Right now I am out 250 bucks. I probably could have gone to one of the seminars too. I can afford the cheaper book though. I don't think I would have ever read that book but you and Rip have made me wanna read books on this subject now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplowitz View Post
    LMFAO. Jordan are you buying this for me?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0072556420

That's why people are ignorant. I am gonna find something cheaper at Barnes and noble that can explain diabetes to me without giving my wallet insulin spikes.
    I hope you never go to college because you'll have to buy lots of shitty books that are double that price for a single class

speaking of which has anyone ever noticed how the REALLY good books, like the rigorous and intuitive style learning books are never used in college but are ALMOST always cheap?

starting strength coach development program
    In all honestly though, its such a crime that you have to pay some money for a good book *SARCASM*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast