starting strength gym

Thread: Quercetin, is it good for the elderly?

Default Quercetin, is it good for the elderly?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    We have this discussion on the elderly blog. Whats your opinion Jordan?

There is some evidence to suggest that it may directly prevent atherosclerosis in rats via modulating cholesterol metabolism, help with allergies in humans, and may be a decent anti inflammatory. Additionally, it is biochemically plausible that it may be an anti-hypertensive. However, the jury is still out on the clinical effect- if any- of this supplement in humans based on my interpretation of the data. I don't know if I have a strong enough feeling one way or another currently, unfortunately.

Thanks, for your opinion and lots of respect for your engagement. It means a lot for us geezers.

FYI, rodent cholesterol metabolism does NOT resemble humans in the least. The research community has "cured" atherosclerosis in rodents about 300 different ways, none of which panned out in humans. Rodents are horrible models for CAD. Their cholesterol is different, their plaques are different, they don't form clots the same way, and most importantly, they don't get heart attacks from high cholesterol, diabetes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    FYI, rodent cholesterol metabolism does NOT resemble humans in the least. The research community has "cured" atherosclerosis in rodents about 300 different ways, none of which panned out in humans. Rodents are horrible models for CAD. Their cholesterol is different, their plaques are different, they don't form clots the same way, and most importantly, they don't get heart attacks from high cholesterol, diabetes, etc.
    You think it's cheese related?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    You think it's cheese related?
    God I hope not. I don't want to live a life without cheese and squats.