starting strength gym

Thread: WWRD? (What Would Ripp Do?)

Default WWRD? (What Would Ripp Do?)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey all, got a question. Today during my fahves I was feeling really good on squats and even contemplating doing a 1RM it was feeling so light. After my second set, however, I felt pain in the right side of my lower back. I assume I did not perform a rep with proper form and it caused maybe a pulled lower back muscle. I had to leave early and not finish the session because of worry of making it worse. I know this is a minor injury that is part of the process. So here is my question, what should I do? Should I ice it tonight and go in and do light weight the next day? Thanks

I find these pains usually go away during the next session. Icing won't hurt, but I'd do the next workout as scheduled. I probably would have completed the original session; usually the tweak stays about the same pain-wise after it happens, and only gets worse after the muscles cool down. Getting out of bed the next day is usually unpleasant. But working it is far better than babying it.

For your next session, do the warm-up sets and see how it feels. Nearly every time I tweak something the next session's warm-ups clear out the last of the discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    For your next session, do the warm-up sets and see how it feels. Nearly every time I tweak something the next session's warm-ups clear out the last of the discomfort.
    ^^^ And continue working unless the pain gets worse or prohibits you.

Thanks to you all. I did the ibuprofen protocol over the weekend and iced it some. Yesterday I went through my warmups and felt good. I backed the weight off 15 lbs on Squat and Deadlift and felt great! Back feels back to normal today. I am continuing the ibuprofen protocol until the end of today. Thanks for your replies