starting strength gym

Thread: Hurt Shoulder - Train with Intensity Again?

Default Hurt Shoulder - Train with Intensity Again?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi,

- I hurt my shoulder around 3 months ago during my work set of OHP, felt a cracking sensation, after which there was pain in the front of my shoulder which would slightly radiate down my deltoid and popping sensations in the shoulder if I reached overhead.
    - The doctor diagnosed it as a strain. I've recently started doing chin ups again everyday to try and rehab it and feel no pain whatsoever although it may slightly ache. I can reach overhead and extend my arm to the side etc.
    - If I hold my arm out perpendicular to my body and rotate my forearm, it does pop/crack a fair bit but it's not painful. There is the odd occasion where my shoulder aches for a short period when applying force then it goes away e.g. today my jacket zipper got stuck and my shoulder ached as I pulled it to get it unstuck lol.

I'm just wondering what your opinions are in regards to whether I should begin training with intensity again e.g. start with empty bar on OHP and progressively overload again? I'm just hesitant because I don't want to go back to square one and end up being unable to train.

Thank you
    Last edited by Skwats123; 09-22-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Not training is basically at square one anyways.

Train, use good form, add weight to the bar.