starting strength gym

Thread: Blood Sugar

Default Blood Sugar

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Jordan-

I recently had a fasting blood sugar come back as 95. I know this is in the normal range, but it is near the top. Out of curiosity, I bought a home meter to check it now and then. I have found that my fasting blood sugar when I first wake up is 100-110. During the rest of the day, if I haven't eaten for awhile it hangs around 85-95. After meals it peaks around 120-135 (rarely 140) and returns to 85-95 within 2-3 hours. I'm a 30 yo male, 6', about 180 lbs. My question is does it matter that it is higher in the morning (in the "prediabetic" range actually)? Is this worth any further investigation, or am I just overthinking things? I understand that anything you say does not constitute medical advice.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick, so this question could warrant a whole host of discussion about the efficacy of screening for diabetes, the accuracy and precision of the glucometer itself, and its subsequent positive and negative predictive values for a person in your demographic. However, that is just too much typing for me atm so I'll say this- your blood sugar responses do not appear to be abnormal from my vantage point.

Haha, over thinking it, got it Not the first time and won't be the last. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, and I hope all is well.