starting strength gym

Thread: TM and carb cycling

Default TM and carb cycling

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Jordan,

Hope youre doing well. I had a quick question with regards to carb cycling. I tried searching around before asking but all of the people I came across were either trying to recomp or lose weight.

Im currently running the 4 day TM split that you outlined on your website. Im around 3 weeks in at this point. Thus far, and its been going well ((i was running HML before this for about 6 weeks))
    Im 24 years old currently 5'9 and 208lbs and im right around 20% bf
    I want to keep getting stronger so Im eating to gain weight. On training days my macros are as follows

Protein: 214g
    Carbs: 481g
    Fat: 81g

On non training days, Ive been scaling the carbs back so that my macros look like this

Protein:214g
    Carbs:381g
    Fat:81g.

The initial reasoning I decided to Carb cycle was to avoid taking in too much excess on non-lifting days. Im not trying to "recomp" or anything, as much as just mitigate fat gain. But i also know that we dont recover just on lifting days and i want to make sure im getting enough to keep getting stronger. Should i keep up the carb cycling or just throw it out and eat the same as I do on training days. Right now my goal is to get to around 220lbs.

Thanks for all you do.

I would just eat the same as you do on training days and lower the carbs if you need to (if weight gain occurs too quickly)

Thanks so much Jordan. I really appreciate it