starting strength gym

Thread: Are the articles in Journal of Intl Society of Sports Nutrition worth reading?

Default Are the articles in Journal of Intl Society of Sports Nutrition worth reading?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello. I am very interested in the science and nutrition side of training. I have been seeing a lot of references online to the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. Here is a link below.

Are these good articles to read? Do you recommend another journal for similar information (either training or nutrition)? Is there a gold standard peer-reviewed journal out there? Thanks.

Archive of "Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition".

It certainly can’t hurt to read something new. I think 99% of nutrition research on this topic tells us little about what we want to know because actual and habitual food intake is impossible to quantify in an outpatient study. Likewise, inpatient studies are not feasible to run for a long enough time course to evaluate the efficacy of a nutritional treatment on a training intervention. That being said, it’s always interesting to read about what people are attempting to study on limited resources. Gives us ideas for what may work as well as future directions.