starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Am I Supposed to be Eating?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'll give some advice for free: carbohydrate intake is directly related to sleep quality. Eating correctly IS associated with better sleep, irrespective of whether you want it to be or not. You have not overeaten. You are a 6'4" male trying to get strong. It looks like 600 carbs is how much you need to eat. Every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    I'll give some advice for free: carbohydrate intake is directly related to sleep quality. Eating correctly IS associated with better sleep, irrespective of whether you want it to be or not. You have not overeaten. You are a 6'4" male trying to get strong. It looks like 600 carbs is how much you need to eat. Every day.
    Yes. That is precisely correct. A dissertation on the topic is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Hey thank you! I just figured out how to reply directly. Your inputs seem reasonable and well informed to me, like I can trust them. But just for curiosity's sake, what is your background? Purely curiosity, since I think your replies already stand on their own reasonable nature (as far as I can tell, anyways).

As for me, in case the board has internet PTSD or something-- I definitely did not come here to argue. I came here to learn. My only position is that there is I think there is knowledge out there, and I don't have it. So when a line comes about what I do or do not want, I would just note that all I really want is to be healthy and happy and I think that means being strong.

Also the implication hopefully isn't that I want something for free from Robert. I recognize the man has a skill and knowledge and deserves to be paid, and I want him to have a paid and happy life as well. Which is why I had no problem already paying him once. I am an exceptionally co-opererative, maybe even pleasant, person.

I am guilty of not reading the forum rules, though. My bad! The last thing I ever wanted to be was a dude who posts on the internet. I feel gross about myself.

And I will say I tried to eat a lot and get strong before. I did it wrong and got really fat really easily. So not adverse to eating, or learning to do things correctly, or paying the right people for help.

But definitely thank you for the free inputs, perspective and guidance everyone! That is mighty kind and I am considering their soundness and often trying to follow that advice, and improving.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyGirl View Post
    Handsome dude - you are not eating enough protein imo. And you seem to think you're going to blow up if you eat like a regular healthy male. Do you like burgers/cheeseburgers? You could make them out of ground turkey or beef. Big bowl of greek yogurt with some fruit, nuts, cereal mixed is good. You're doing a lot of calorie-burn activities which are fun but if you want to keep some fuel for your lifts you at least need to up the protein.
    Thank you! I love all of that. I am trying to figure out how to eat like a regular healthy male. I would love to be a giant monster guy. My family history of nutrition is not very good, so trying to get educated now. Left to my own devices and ignorance, I would probably have a pizza and steak based diet.

I have a newfound love of oatmeal. It is so damn boring, and strange.

I LOVE meat, it's my favorite food.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123