starting strength gym

Thread: Testosterone "shallow IM injection"

Default Testosterone "shallow IM injection"

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    45 yr old male just getting back on the path and motivated through Rip to consider T therapy, went down the route with the Wittmer clinic and really happy with everything so far, except one small issue

The supplies that they sent for injection included 27ga 1/2" needles for the IM injection, which seems too short to me. I mean I think the needle is getting to the muscle (thigh) but I know enough to know at least 1" or more often 1.5" needles are used for IM.

I messaged the clinic and the response was "The standard injection needle we send for any testosterone dose under 0.5ml is the 27 g 1/2 inch needle. The injection is considered a shallow IM and is injected into the same areas you would with the larger 1 inch needle- Deltoid, upper outer thigh and your buttocks. If you would prefer the larger 23 g 1 inch needle we can send it for you however, our patients have great results with the smaller needles. Let me know if you would like me to send you the larger needles for injection."

Not a big deal, I got myself some 27g 1.5" needles I've been using, just curious on thoughts from more experienced folks. Is "shallow IM" really a thing?

Just use the ones Wittmer sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by nerads View Post
    45 yr old male just getting back on the path and motivated through Rip to consider T therapy, went down the route with the Wittmer clinic and really happy with everything so far, except one small issue

The supplies that they sent for injection included 27ga 1/2" needles for the IM injection, which seems too short to me. I mean I think the needle is getting to the muscle (thigh) but I know enough to know at least 1" or more often 1.5" needles are used for IM.

I messaged the clinic and the response was "The standard injection needle we send for any testosterone dose under 0.5ml is the 27 g 1/2 inch needle. The injection is considered a shallow IM and is injected into the same areas you would with the larger 1 inch needle- Deltoid, upper outer thigh and your buttocks. If you would prefer the larger 23 g 1 inch needle we can send it for you however, our patients have great results with the smaller needles. Let me know if you would like me to send you the larger needles for injection."

Not a big deal, I got myself some 27g 1.5" needles I've been using, just curious on thoughts from more experienced folks. Is "shallow IM" really a thing?
    Same provider, same default needles for this n=1. I inject in the thigh, with pretty low subcutaneous fat. I've not noticed any issues with this approach, based on my symptoms and lab results.

Also same provider. I also didnt think the 1/2 in were big enough since I do glute injections. So I just texted and said "please send me 25g 1in needles with the next supply shipment" and they said "Sure!"

I do think the bolous does better in the muscle, so i would prefere the loonger needle. And you cant even feel a 25g needle in the glute/hip.

47m here, out of curiosity what does the TRT cost per month and how much T are you getting?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    47m here, out of curiosity what does the TRT cost per month and how much T are you getting?
    A membership with Wittmer is around $100/month.