starting strength gym

Thread: Masters Nutrition

Default Masters Nutrition

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Robert, just after some advice on nutrition for an intermediate lifter. My stats are as follows.
    Male 46
    Five feet five, 88.5 Kg
    Approx 25-27 bf %
    SQ 325x3 (pounds)
    DL 360x3
    BP 250x2
    PR 150x3
    I’m currently eating between 3000-3500 cal per day. 100-120g fat/ 300-350 Carb and 230-280g protein. I’ve noticed I lift better when my carbs are full ( mainly lots of good fruits and vege ).
    I’m not too concerned with aesthetics and like being solid for my height. As I progress upwards in weight on the bar however,
    I’m conscious of the fact I must eat more. Are there any changes you might recommend for someone like myself. I eat a lot of healthy homekilled beef/lamb and enjoy my food but don’t wish to get sloppy as this may affect recovery. I also have a very active job in the Mining sector so seem to get my conditioning from here along with my heavy lifts.
    Thank you for your time
    Best regards from New Zealand
    Jules

Are you still getting stronger?

Yes - all lifts progressing nicely on a weekly basis with the help of a fantastic online coach at Starting Strength.

If you are getting stronger then it sounds like what you are doing is working. I don't know that you need that much protein but overshooting isn't necessarily bad.

Thanks for the feedback Robert.

starting strength coach development program
    Anytime. If you get stuck just play with the carbs and fat and see if more helps. At your age I would probably increase at a 1:1 ratio with fat.