starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beef Liver Recipe

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    Find Hank Shaw's Cajun Dirty Rice recipe. Adjust meats to what you have or can get. I like it spicy.
    I've made it with both elk and deer liver mixed 50:50 with elk or deer hamburger and heart. It is delicious and I've served it to people who are sworn liver-haters and they liked it too.

One key to enjoying any liver is getting it as fresh as possible. Every day a liver sits either refrigerated or frozen it gets a stronger flavor. Extended freezing is a bad idea and it becomes catfish bait.

Mine has been in the freezer for a bit...prob use it for catfishin

Will definitely try some of these suggestions...I think the nutritive value is too high to ignore. Incidentally, my son LOVES liver and onions.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Ever had liver pate?
    Hi Robert.

Are Liver Pate and Braunsweiger essentially the same thing? Ive been crshing like 2oz of cheap Aldi Braunsweiger a day and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    Hi Robert.

Are Liver Pate and Braunsweiger essentially the same thing? Ive been crshing like 2oz of cheap Aldi Braunsweiger a day and I love it.
    Essentially yes. Real good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    Mine has been in the freezer for a bit...prob use it for catfishin

Will definitely try some of these suggestions...I think the nutritive value is too high to ignore. Incidentally, my son LOVES liver and onions.

sb
    Soak it in milk over night.
    Fry a piece in butter with some onions and garlic as suggested. It might be fine.

Braunschweiger is to liver pate as bourbon is to whiskey. The one is an excellent example of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Braunschweiger is to liver pate as bourbon is to whiskey. The one is an excellent example of the other.
    Accurate differentiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, my only exposure to either of these things is when people (groan) say "who wants a shot". As Robert can (sort of) attest, this does occur (even at age 49) if you live near Western Ave and choose to go to a bar or even a restaurant.

starting strength coach development program
    Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, my only exposure to either of these things is when people (groan) say "who wants a shot". As Robert can (sort of) attest, this does occur (even at age 49) if you live near Western Ave and choose to go to a bar or even a restaurant.
    Southside Irish for ya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12