starting strength gym

Thread: New meal plan

Default New meal plan

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Dear Robert

I keep changing my mind regarding calories but after months of the scale remaining at 75kg I've decided that I desperately need to bump up to 5000. Also I messed up the NLP (high bar squats, modifying the programming for bench and press etc) and am redoing the whole program.

I am posting this to ask for advice regarding my meal plan. Do you think it is healthy or is there anything I need to change? Obviously some days will be different but here is the rough outline:

4L of milk - 2600kcal
    Large sweet potato and 250g beef - 960kcal
    Rice and 250g beef - 880kcal
    Everything has 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (100kcal) including in each litre of milk, adding another 600kcal
    Total: 5040kcal

The excess fat is the part I am not sure about, but it seems like I will be getting a lot of carbs and protein already so I just see it as a filler. It seems to be necessary for my stubborn bodyweight to go up.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is how to structure the meals. I am definitely a 1 or 2 large meals per day person rather than multiple meals because the latter makes me feel lazy (probably the constantly high insulin?). On training days it doesn't seem to make a difference though, in fact I feel way more recovered if I down 1-2L of milk immediately after my workout. This leads me to two possible meal timings, one with only a few meals and the other with multiple meals.

Multiple meals (training days):
    Meal 1 (breakfast)- 1L milk
    Meal 2 (pre w/o)- beef + rice
    Meal 3 (post w/o)- 1L milk
    Meal 4 (evening)- beef + potato
    Meal 5 (before bed) - 2L milk

Fewer meals- rest days (essentially fasting but with milk and water instead of just water):
    Meal 1 (breakfast)- 2L milk
    Meal 2 (lunch)- 2L milk
    Meal 3 (dinner) - huge beef + rice+potato meal

What do you think? Any advice is appreciated.

Excessive for a board post. Narrow this down to a simple question or consider a consult.

Apologies, my question is as follows. Does the meal plan I posted contain too many fats? Total olive oil (in addition to meals): 600kcal per day.

Thanks

Probably not because everything is high now. Eventually you have to add fat because adding carbs does nothing different.