starting strength gym

Thread: Further programming for Female with Cerebral Palsy and Stroke

Default Further programming for Female with Cerebral Palsy and Stroke

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been seeing a Patient who came to me around a year ago that I inherited from another Physio who was doing standard PT exercises on a pilates machine. Initially she was falling around 40 times per year with around a hundred near falls each year. Most of her transport was by mobility scooter, I've been giving her modified exercises and progressing linearly with the results one would expect.

She is 50 year old Female, Cerebral Palsy and R) sided partial hemiplegia from childhood, so significant range of motion and strength deficits on her right side.

5'0 125 lbs.

Last lifts were:

Squat - 9kg for 3 sets of x 5
    Lat Pull - 23kg 10 singles
    Seated Row - 35kg for 3 of 5
    Leg Press - 59kg for 5 of 3

The squat is obviously heavily modified, loading is achieved with a weight vest and a dumbbell, but there is a limit to the weight of dumbbell she can hold in 1 hand. The other exercises are relatively standard.

Partly due to equipment limitations in the gym, partly due to her reps slowing, I'm after some advice on continued progression as it's not possible to load the squat past 10 kilo's. in it's current configuration.

I can't recommend an approach to these kinds of situations on the forums, because there are so many variables here. Stick with the basic principles and figure it out yourself.