starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulders and benches and presses

Default Shoulders and benches and presses

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Little insight here would be nice. I have had both my shoulders surgercally fixed due to labrum, bicep tendon issues, small superspantus tears and bone masses under the acromion, around 2 to 3 years ago. I have always put the bench press first in my training, but I noticed were they put the tenodesis from the biceps tendon it loves to get super achie after doing heavy bench here lately. I took 2 weeks off to let some acute inflammation die off. Now I'm putting the press first in my training. My plan is to run a short or as long as I can LP on the press doing the novice program with a 10 percent off set to start with. My question is since the bench is aggravating, on Wednesday should I try to close grip bench or just program heavy singles on the press? Starting my LP at 165 for the press for 3x5 hoping to hit around 200 for 3x5 before I have to change to the texas method for the press.

I think you just press for 2 months, and then come back to a close-grip day for the bench. After surgery, nothing is ever the same.