starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Deadlifting Day Lower Back Pain

Default Weird Deadlifting Day Lower Back Pain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Have you experienced this? My back feels completely OK until the morning of deadlifting day when i wake up my back feels injured. that's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by squat_gnome View Post
    Have you experienced this? My back feels completely OK until the morning of deadlifting day when i wake up my back feels injured. that's amazing.

Did you mean the morning after deadlifting day?

Or does your back magically feel sore the morning you are going to deadlift?

If it hurts in the morning before you even deadlifted it sounds like you need this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-P...3956602&sr=8-1

SOme time heavy squatting on the days before DL will affect your lower back. Also, how's your bed?

It goes like this:
    Today [rest day]: my back is feeling very fine. no pain at all. tomorrow i have to train, and it is deadlifting day...
    Tomorrow [training day]: it is morning and i have just woke up. going to the toilet room to wash my face, bend over to wash my face... oh my back!! it is very sore. it begs me not to deadlift today.

It is a very weird phenomenon.

BTW today I learned how to deadlift properly (i think) for the first time. I deadlifted today again and this time didn't injure my back. i do not fear deadlifts anymore now. so my back might not feel sore next week the morning of deadlifting day again.

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
    SOme time heavy squatting on the days before DL will affect your lower back. Also, how's your bed?
    that can't be the reason. because [1] I train only twice per week. [2] the day before deadlifting my back is completely fine and recovered.
    and i don't have a bed. i sleep on the carpet.

that can't be the reason. because [1] I train only twice per week. [2] the day before deadlifting my back is completely fine and recovered.
    and i don't have a bed. i sleep on the carpet.
    Well, that's why, you are sleeping on the carpet! Waassaamaatawithchu?

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
    Well, that's why, you are sleeping on the carpet! Waassaamaatawithchu?
    I've always heard that sleeping on a hard, flat surface is better than a bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    I've always heard that sleeping on a hard, flat surface is better than a bed.
    I heard that too. But after I inherited a fat muscular butt from squatting, I realized that a stiff bed did numbers on my lower back. (I'm a back sleeper.)

starting strength coach development program
    it is psychological. i know the why. but the how amazes me. how can you feel physical pain from psychological issues? and how do the body knows that i want to deadlift today? and the other hows. that shows mind is a powerful thing. and i shall take the better of it in my advantage instead of letting it be in my disadvantage. i shall master the mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast