starting strength gym

Thread: Fastenal washers weight variation.

Default Fastenal washers weight variation.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I picked up four of these .6329 lb washers this afternoon to start micro-loading my bench and press, and when I weighed them they came out to about 2.36 lbs total. I got the last four they had in stock so I wasn't able to mix and match until I had something close to 2.5 lbs. Anyway, just wondering if these are close enough to not matter too much? Seems like a pain to keep checking other stores in hopes to find some that will match up closer to 2.5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by affectiontheaffected View Post
    I picked up four of these .6329 lb washers this afternoon to start micro-loading my bench and press, and when I weighed them they came out to about 2.36 lbs total. I got the last four they had in stock so I wasn't able to mix and match until I had something close to 2.5 lbs. Anyway, just wondering if these are close enough to not matter too much? Seems like a pain to keep checking other stores in hopes to find some that will match up closer to 2.5 lbs.
    Yeah, that's absolutely close enough. You'll increase by 2.36 on week, and 2.64 the next. This is a way smaller variance than the plates you use, unless you use expensive competition plates.

Sweet, thanks. Looking forward to utilizing them next week. I'm sure I looked like an idiot weighing all those damn washers. No cares given though.