starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some info

Default I need some info

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Who is the skinniest and shortest weightlifter to bench press 695 pounds raw and drug-free?

The only people to 695 or higher have weighed over 300 pounds, so they were not remotely skinny or small. I am skeptical that they were drug free.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    The only people to 695 or higher have weighed over 300 pounds, so they were not remotely skinny or small. I am skeptical that they were drug free.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
    Thanks for the link. It's funny that Don Reinhoudt still holds the best RAW total for SHW since 1974... pretty badass.

James Henderson gets the spotter courtesy award for saying "Thank you very much!" on the handoff. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Thanks for the link. It's funny that Don Reinhoudt still holds the best RAW total for SHW since 1974... pretty badass.

James Henderson gets the spotter courtesy award for saying "Thank you very much!" on the handoff. :-)
    Well fuck this shit. You have to be 370 pounds and 6'3 to bench press 695 pounds raw without taking steroids. I thought maybe shorter athletes might be able to try being the strongest steroid free NFL player but it ain't happening.

There might be some shorter guys in the running, but I don't know if they are steriod free or not. Some of the shorter benchers that are good are also in geared feds, but I bet some of them could do some great stuff on the RAW side if they trained for it.

When you are over 6'3", you have to be pretty heavy to even remotely compete. There are guys that are 5'6" and 220lbs out there. If someone was 6'4" and 240lbs, they would have a hard time doing well in the sport. If you look at Henderson though, he has a pretty long ROM on the bench, which makes it all the more impressive.

Why do you want to bench 695 so much?

Why do you want to bench 695 so much?
    I don't, it was just something to think about. Powerliftering ain't worth it if I won't ever able to bench 695 raw. The strongest player in the NFL IIRC can bench 695 raw. I would rather try and go for a 40 inch vertical, 2.95 second 3/4 nba court sprint, and 10.74 seconds on the lane agility drill.

Quote Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    I don't, it was just something to think about. Powerliftering ain't worth it if I won't ever able to bench 695 raw. The strongest player in the NFL IIRC can bench 695 raw. I would rather try and go for a 40 inch vertical, 2.95 second 3/4 nba court sprint, and 10.74 seconds on the lane agility drill.
    Who in the NFL can bench 695 raw? The vast majority of powerlifters, and an even greater percentage of people in general can't bench 695 raw. You can become successful in any sport of your choice without benching 695. You could even become successful in powerlifting without benching 695, by becoming competitive in a lighter weight class.

This has to be trolling.

starting strength coach development program
    Who in the NFL can bench 695 raw?
    Larry Allen, apparently.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast