starting strength gym

Thread: 3 inch leg press

Default 3 inch leg press

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Every Sunday this guy comes into the gym where I train, and proceeds to load the leg press machine to its absolute limit (twenty four 50lb plates, 1200lb in total) and do leg presses with no more than a 3 inch range of motion ie. basically just unlocking his knees and then locking them out again. Does sets of about 10 or so. His feet are always flat against the sled, so this isn't a calf exercise he's doing. I've never seen this guy squat or deadlift, and it seems like he's a complete tosser. I always have a good laugh inside when I see this shit going on. But I thought I'd ask, is there any possible benefit whatsoever to what he's doing? Any possible legit reason for doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh306 View Post
    Every Sunday this guy comes into the gym where I train, and proceeds to load the leg press machine to its absolute limit (twenty four 50lb plates, 1200lb in total) and do leg presses with no more than a 3 inch range of motion ie. basically just unlocking his knees and then locking them out again. Does sets of about 10 or so. His feet are always flat against the sled, so this isn't a calf exercise he's doing. I've never seen this guy squat or deadlift, and it seems like he's a complete tosser. I always have a good laugh inside when I see this shit going on. But I thought I'd ask, is there any possible benefit whatsoever to what he's doing? Any possible legit reason for doing this?
    1. Ego
    2. Maybe he needs to find a way to injure his knees

Ye, its like his legs kind of snap straight, with the knee fully locking out. Instinct tells me that couldn't be good for the knee ligaments. Also more recently he's been bringing his girlfriend along, sexy little thing, if only she knew what a complete knobend her bf was.
    Last edited by Josh306; 10-02-2011 at 02:06 AM.