starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating less and lifting less?

Default Eating less and lifting less?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I can not afford the amount of food I am eating anymore. my studying is getting screwed because I have to work 6 hours to keep my belly filled. I can not continue this anymore or i will not pass this semester.

I was thinking with myself, "well I am not in a race with anyone, i can get strong slower, no need to rush".

So can I eat less if I only lift 2 times per week? I am currently eating 5K and my weight reached 83KG.

will i keep progressing and keep 83KG (or even gain??) if I eat 3-4K calories and train only two times per week?

what's the point of this? if you want to pussy out, then do it. going from 12 sessions a month to 8 is obviously going to tax your body less, so yes in theory you should be able to eat less. that doesn't take into account how the decreased frequency will affect you, or how fast your balls are shrinking. some people switch to 2 days a week, but for recovery purposes, because they are actually strong and don't want to switch over to TM yet. and they are eating more than 3-4k.

why am i such a good sameritan (sp) ? no wonder i never get laid

you mean i won't progress with 2 times a week?

Ran out of oil, or something?

And to answer all of you questions: yes.

it's more about running out of cash.

Hey Squat_gnome, what city do you live in?

What's your food budget?

Mashhad.
    If i work my food budget is $150 monthly. $132 alone gets spend on 4 liters of whole milk.
    If i drop the work, my budget drops to $50 monthly.

I was thinking about eating LOTS of lentils and other legumes?? and 3 eggs daily? would it work for me if it is still 5K calories daily?

I think you can progress at a slower rate, any maybe you can still workout 3-4 times per week, but do an intermediate program instead. There are plenty of people that slowly increase strength over years and don't get much bigger in the process. I am quite a bit bigger than you, but I have gained zero pounds since I started working out. I've been adding weight to my lifts for the past 8 months now. I kind of do the +5, -5lb thing (for bodyweight), depending on what small child I ate for breakfast! :-)

It will be easier to do an intermediate routine. Even if you add just 5lbs a week to your lifts, that would be 260lbs in a year. Could you do better on SS, yes. But if you can't do the diet, maybe the slower road isn't all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by squat_gnome View Post
    I can not afford the amount of food I am eating anymore. my studying is getting screwed because I have to work 6 hours to keep my belly filled. I can not continue this anymore or i will not pass this semester.

I was thinking with myself, "well I am not in a race with anyone, i can get strong slower, no need to rush".

So can I eat less if I only lift 2 times per week? I am currently eating 5K and my weight reached 83KG.

will i keep progressing and keep 83KG (or even gain??) if I eat 3-4K calories and train only two times per week?
    Ok. Time to get smart. Why not try the Zig-Zag diet by Dr. Squat.

On some days you eat below you maintenance calories while on other you go above your maintenance calories. The idea is that you will be able to keep your metabolism high and you will lose bodyfat on the low days but at the same time you will preserve and even increase you muscle mass thanks to the high days. Also you will save money which is your goal here.

Also I have no fucking idea why bother with 5 000 calories bro. You are 83 kgs. There's no way you need 5 000 calories. Remember at his heaviest -over 300 pounds of muscle - Dorian Yates consumed 6 000 calories. So if a freaking 300 pound bodybuilder training like a madman and using roids can maintain 300 motherfucking pounds of meat with 6000 calories it should tell you that at 185 you don't need 5 000.

I suggest that you use the following formula to find your daily calories needed to maintain your current weight : 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age) - multiply the result by 1.6 if you are fairly active - moderate physical work - workouts 3-4 times a week. This formula works fine for most average man that works out but does not have extremely physical job.

Google Zig-Zag Diet By Dr. Squat. No Joke.

Also this article for more information on bulking:http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._about_bulking
    Last edited by ToyStory; 10-03-2011 at 02:19 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    you could switch to wendler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast