starting strength gym

Thread: Risto Sports Linea Blanca (Series II) Review

Default Risto Sports Linea Blanca (Series II) Review

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    These are my first WL shoes, so I have no basis of comparison.

I just did my first workout in them last night and am very happy with them. The heel is elevated in proportion to the length of shoe, so folks with smaller feet will wear shoes with heels that aren't as elevated, and vice versa.

Very comfortable and snug fit. I read that Risto's Series I shoes had more of a pointed toe, but the Series II have more of a boxy, flat toe. I, for one, have feet that conform better to the latter, so I have no problems with this change. My feet and ankles felt very secure.

Construction seems solid. One minor gripe is that since each shoe is hand made, you'll find random defects like small patches of dried glue on the inner lining of the shoe. Some extra leather hanging around in a few spots too. These don't detract from their functionality at all, though.

I'm overall very happy with the shoes. My power clean and deadlift benefitted greatly from them last night.

I think you have the construction backwards - the series 1s were boxy like a "work-boot" and the series 2 have the more tapered toe.

I really liked the Stefan Botev shoes Gwenn was selling a few years ago. Too bad she's not selling them anymore. Should have bought them when I saw her selling them at the meets I attended.

Sent from my CM Android using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    These are my first WL shoes, so I have no basis of comparison.

I just did my first workout in them last night and am very happy with them. The heel is elevated in proportion to the length of shoe, so folks with smaller feet will wear shoes with heels that aren't as elevated, and vice versa.

Very comfortable and snug fit. I read that Risto's Series I shoes had more of a pointed toe, but the Series II have more of a boxy, flat toe. I, for one, have feet that conform better to the latter, so I have no problems with this change. My feet and ankles felt very secure.

Construction seems solid. One minor gripe is that since each shoe is hand made, you'll find random defects like small patches of dried glue on the inner lining of the shoe. Some extra leather hanging around in a few spots too. These don't detract from their functionality at all, though.

I'm overall very happy with the shoes. My power clean and deadlift benefitted greatly from them last night.

Hey Savage -- Sorry to bump this thread up.... I'd like to ask if the shoes are still holding up after a year of use. Also, would you change anything differently if you were to buy Ristos again (i.e., go up a size, or down a size)?