starting strength gym

Thread: Muscle spasms?

Default Muscle spasms?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I've been having some painful muscle spasms on the left side of my back, have also tweaked my lumbar spine a couple times while lifting, should I just train through this, can't see a doctor for four more months and I haven't herniated a disc or jacked up my spine, should I just train through this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jake272 View Post
    I've been having some painful muscle spasms on the left side of my back, have also tweaked my lumbar spine a couple times while lifting, should I just train through this, can't see a doctor for four more months and I haven't herniated a disc or jacked up my spine, should I just train through this stuff?
    Same answer as the last thread. We can't decide this for you.

Beyond the vaguest, vaguest of descriptions, we have no idea what's wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Same answer as the last thread. We can't decide this for you.

Beyond the vaguest, vaguest of descriptions, we have no idea what's wrong with you.
    But.. if you had to guess... ?

Quote Originally Posted by jake272 View Post
    Submit a vid of your lifts. Maybe some for correction is in order.

Could be neurological. Could be a vitamin or mineral deficiency/imbalance. Could be a disease. Could be stress-related. Could be a lot of things, none of which we could tell you from here.

If lifting doesn't make it worse, I'd continue, while paying close attention to that area.

I'm not a doctor; however, based on the information given in the OP, I would have to err on the side of caution and say that you are in danger of snapping your back in half. This is known colloquially as "Snap City". All lifting should cease, and you should be on bed rest for the remainder of your years.

You're welcome.

starting strength coach development program
    Found a doc, going in Monday, I'll find out then, that is all.