• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Andy,

I'm doing the TM split with
    Sun- upper volume
    Mon- lower volume
    Wed- upper intensity
    Thurs- lower intensity

School starts on Monday and I have classes only MWF, so my Wednesday workout would be at around 430pm. My questions is regarding Thursday's workout. Ideally I would like to lift in the morning, leaving the rest of my day free, but since Wednesdays workout is late in the day, should I wait til later on Thursday for my workout? It is upper and then lower, but I figured that the overall stress would be something to consider.

Another question is whether or not doing power cleans the day before volume squats would be detrimental to either. The reasoning is that it's extremely troublesome to video my power cleans on Monday since I lift at the school gym, but on Sundays I workout at home. I still feel the need to video all of my power clean work sets to watch and fix my form. Also my pc is fairly light relative to my other lifts (pc 140x3x3, squat 245x5x5)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oshirok View Post
    Hi Andy,

I'm doing the TM split with
    Sun- upper volume
    Mon- lower volume
    Wed- upper intensity
    Thurs- lower intensity

School starts on Monday and I have classes only MWF, so my Wednesday workout would be at around 430pm. My questions is regarding Thursday's workout. Ideally I would like to lift in the morning, leaving the rest of my day free, but since Wednesdays workout is late in the day, should I wait til later on Thursday for my workout? It is upper and then lower, but I figured that the overall stress would be something to consider.

Another question is whether or not doing power cleans the day before volume squats would be detrimental to either. The reasoning is that it's extremely troublesome to video my power cleans on Monday since I lift at the school gym, but on Sundays I workout at home. I still feel the need to video all of my power clean work sets to watch and fix my form. Also my pc is fairly light relative to my other lifts (pc 140x3x3, squat 245x5x5)

Thanks
    I don't think the timing of the workout will be an issue. Powercleans the day before squats can be adapted to fairly easily as well