starting strength gym

Thread: Squat recheck at 280

Default Squat recheck at 280

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I posted a form check a while ago and was told to check back in around 275. So here we are. Squats are getting really hard, so anything that makes me more efficient would be appreciated.

http://youtu.be/6815u1ZVrPs

Thanks!

Narrow your stance a bit. Your depth is lacking on all of them. You need to go about two inches deeper. You are jacking up your elbows too high. Keep your chin down on the ascent.

Thanks for taking a look. I got these shoes a few weeks ago, and I had a suspicion that the heel lift screwed with my perception of depth. I'm taking a few days off because of a back spasm, so I'll probably deload down to 245 or so and work on my depth, as well as the other things you mentioned.

Here's another video. How do these look? This is my last set. I know for sure I got below parallel on the first two sets, this one seems more borderline. probably because I was focussing on my elbows. What do you think? Also, how do the elbows look? It felt quite a bit better, but I can't see much difference in the video.

http://youtu.be/HwAVjPuJQTw

The weight is light for you, but I think all but one of those was high. Your elbows are still jacked up too high, but that is of lesser importance. Get consistently deeper.

How are these? I think hitting depth is mainly an issue of concentration for me.

http://youtu.be/U33B8KOAq4M

Any tips on fixing the elbows? I'm trying to pull them in closer to my body. I feel like I set it up more or less correctly, then they get jacked up when I actually pick up the bar. I'm thinking maybe I should work on fixing my gaze at the prescribed 5' in front of me. Right now, I'm more or less staring straight down.

Another question: Should I be concerned about the bar being slightly tilted? I can't even feel that it's tilted on my back, but you can see it in the video, and another guy in my gym commented on it. Maybe fixing my grip will fix this, too?

Depth looks pretty good. Control your pace better. You are not really getting set at the top because you are going so fast. Get a big breath in and tighten down. Your elbows still don't make me happy in part because having them that high tends to round the upper back. However, if it is not hurting you, I don't know that I would bother much with it. What I would tell you to do is keep your chin down on reps four and five. I cannot see if the bar is tilted from this angle. Many people have slight asymmetries and in many cases they are not problematic. From the video you posted, nothing looks terribly amiss, but that could be the angle.

I actually have been struggling with some elbow and wrist pain. Maybe cueing chest up would get help?

starting strength coach development program
    You already have a tendency to overextend, or else I would mentioned it. Try it and see.