starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check 325x5

Default Squat form check 325x5

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hello everyone, just wanted to do another Squat check. I uploaded a video on Friday of my Squat, and I worked on some of the things that were suggested, just wondering how this set of squats looks.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ERVLj4bFoZE

Squat check 325x5 - YouTube

Shitty link sorry.

It looks like your feet are pointed out well past 30 degrees which seems to be causing you to throw your knees waaaaay out and the they knock in as you drive up out of the hole. Besides that, nice set.

Agreed. You might need to move your heels out when you bring your toes in, as they look a bit narrow from this angle (which is not the best angle for determining that sort of thing; but you did film from the correct general angle, so I am not criticizing you on that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsky3539 View Post
    It looks like your feet are pointed out well past 30 degrees which seems to be causing you to throw your knees waaaaay out and the they knock in as you drive up out of the hole. Besides that, nice set.

The 30 degrees is not written in stone for everyone. Looked like a heavy set, well done. I think you cleaned up the timing issue of breaking at the hips/knees.