starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random days where I'm just fatigued.

Default Random days where I'm just fatigued.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    There are frequent days when I just feel fatigued and sometimes jittery throughout the day which I think is hindering my progress.

I'm 6', 175 lbs. I've been doing SS seriously for about a month now and my numbers have gone like so:

Squat 150-220
    Deadlift 180-255
    Bench 100-135
    Press 70-95

This is what I usually eat: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    The last few ingredients after the milk are what I put in my smoothie before bed.
    I always get at least 7.5 hours of sleep. Usually 8.
    I don't do cardio or any other workouts. I have an office job where I sit on my ass all day.
    I've started taking creatine and I always have a banana and 200-300mg of caffeine about an hour before my training.

I started at a bodyweight of about 150 lbs. My squats started to feel "heavy" at around the 200 lb mark. I already failed to complete my squat reps at 220 this Monday. I repeated 220 on Wednesday and it went well. Today, I tried 225 and was only able to do three reps. I felt I couldn't keep my chest up and was doing more of a goodmorning. So I deloaded to 205 and I just felt so tired. Like I'd rather be falling asleep.

Today, I was just alternating between feeling anxious and fatigued. My stomach was in pain a few times and I had to go to the bathroom at least four times at work. No diarrhea though.

I hate having this feeling of anxiety and fatigue on random days. Are there any red flags that stick out with my diet? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it really as simple as just eating more? Maybe it was the fact that I ate lots of pizza yesterday that upset my stomach today? Maybe I didn't eat enough carbs before my workout today?

You will be much much happier when you weigh 210, 215. Try it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    I know that haha. And I want it very much but if I'm not progressing on my lifts and I get up to 210, won't it all just be fat? I want to be progressing and gaining weight. Also, by the time i get to 210, I'll be almost finished with my novice LP won't I?

Your fat is really high. You might feel better if you switched some of that out for carbz.

It's probably the fat because I used to eat a high fat diet too and felt like shit most of the time. I don't too far from 100g these days and I only get fats close to bedtime because I think it helps me sleep better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Just curious, what happens after you hit that weight range and are still on LP, would you get even heavier? Maybe reaching 250 by the end? Just asking because I just got to 210 -- up from 170. I've never weighed this much before and thinking of cutting back on how much I eat because I don't want to get too fat...

Cut fat in half and double your carbs.

Changing from whole milk to 1% chocolate milk is a good start. Instead of 4 whole eggs, do 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites.

what food app is that?

Quote Originally Posted by FacePalm View Post
    what food app is that?
    Cronometer!

marcf Guest

starting strength coach development program
    In addition to the dietary changes everyone recommended, make sure you're hydrated enough. I would feel jittery and kinda weak on days when I wouldn't have much water for one reason or another. And since you just started taking creatine, this will be even more important.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast