Default SQ Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    3rd rep of 5x185

tried to fix
    1: bending over (v upright),
    2: hip drive and
    3: (not a focus) elbows/arms (last feedback was too high)

3rd rep 5x185#

1. Read the sticky before posting again (I deleted your simultaneous press form check post, read to find out why)
    2. Learn to control your low back via the section in the book and the video on this website that deals with that. Then keep your back in rigid extension (not over extension) the whole time.
    3. Don't move your feet after starting a rep (mainly referencing the first rep here)
    4. HIP. DRAHVE. You're getting out of your hips and trying to lift your chest too early on several reps.
    5. This is the third SET of 185x5. Not the third rep of 5x185. You should learn nomenclature, it's important for precise and accurate communication. There are some nomenclature aspects that are not standard, and need to be clarified each time. However, writing "The third rep of 5x185" to refer to the third SET of 185 lbs performed for five reps, is objectively incorrect.

1. I had read the sticky related to the squat ... was there an issue wrt squat or just the press?
    2. will review
    3. ok
    4. will review and see if i can recognize which ones are good (or better)
    5. i do know the nomenclature ... sorry about the mistake ... i had dissonance when i was typing it but still didn't catch before sending ... no chance to edit obviously

5. fail on the YouTube caption too ...

How about the bending over ... i was most focused on that ... did I make progress there at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    1. Read the sticky before posting again (I deleted your simultaneous press form check post, read to find out why)
    wrt to my Press video ... confirm that the only sticky violations are 1. side v oblique angle, 2. feet not showing

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    2. Learn to control your low back via the section in the book and the video on this website that deals with that. Then keep your back in rigid extension (not over extension) the whole time.
    4. HIP. DRAHVE. You're getting out of your hips and trying to lift your chest too early on several reps.
    2. I think i unfixed my back (was ok in my prior check) by focusing in the bendover ... need to do both at the same time

4. please, if you don't mind, confirm that rep 5 is the best of the reps wrt hip drahve ... rep 3 and 4 next best

Quote Originally Posted by scted View Post
    wrt to my Press video ... confirm that the only sticky violations are 1. side v oblique angle, 2. feet not showing
    Literally
    the second and third bullet points in the sticky:

• Please don’t include multiple videos unless we ask for them. One exercise. One video. Preferably for a set of five. Power cleans or power snatches can be for sets of two or three. If needed, post two sets just so we can see more repetitions for the Olympic lift variants.
    • Don't take the previous line literally, and post separate videos all at the same time for multiple lifts. One exercise, one video, for a set of five filmed from a good angle. If you want a form check on multiple exercises, space them apart a week or two.

Would you like us to read them aloud to you as well?

Is there some problem with attention going on here? I note that you are very impulsive with your posting. Maybe some more careful consideration and attention to detail is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    Literally
    the second and third bullet points in the sticky:

• Please don’t include multiple videos unless we ask for them. One exercise. One video. Preferably for a set of five. Power cleans or power snatches can be for sets of two or three. If needed, post two sets just so we can see more repetitions for the Olympic lift variants.
    • Don't take the previous line literally, and post separate videos all at the same time for multiple lifts. One exercise, one video, for a set of five filmed from a good angle. If you want a form check on multiple exercises, space them apart a week or two.

Would you like us to read them aloud to you as well?

Is there some problem with attention going on here? I note that you are very impulsive with your posting. Maybe some more careful consideration and attention to detail is in order.
    I'm pretty sure I only posted one video of one set of the Press so I have no idea what you are talking about. If I posted more than one video, I apologize. It was a mistake.

starting strength coach development program
    ONE EXERCISE. ONE VIDEO. If you want a form check on multiple exercises, space them apart a week or two.

What is confusing about this?